Continue playing showing invalid entries

fraenhawk

fraenhawk

Now that we have another new client to work with, I just wanted to point out that the same thing that I've posted about in the past for the Windows appstore app and EMC (With subviews on) is now affecting the new EMT, but not the Android or Web clients. Episodes that haven't existed on the server in years are not being filtered out on some Windows clients, but not others. According to @@blade005 this was not a problem in the old EMT (I never had it installed to test). @@ebr thought it was server side - do some clients post-filter what the server sends their way? Is there a reason all clients wouldn't want to put the same "if exists" filter in place if the server isn't going to?

Here's one of the old posts.

blade005

Now that we have another new client to work with, I just wanted to point out that the same thing that I've posted about in the past for the Windows appstore app and EMC (With subviews on) is now affecting the new EMT, but not the Android or Web clients. Episodes that haven't existed on the server in years are not being filtered out on some Windows clients, but not others. According to @@blade005 this was not a problem in the old EMT (I never had it installed to test). @@ebr thought it was server side - do some clients post-filter what the server sends their way? Is there a reason all clients wouldn't want to put the same "if exists" filter in place if the server isn't going to?

Here's one of the old posts.

Just checked again and still the same behavior.

New Emby Theater populates the CONTINUE WATCHING queue with numerous old deleted TV episodes that no longer exist. The previous version of Emby Theater filters correctly and only shows what still exists in the library and should be in the CONTINUE WATCHING queue.

• 6 months later...
fraenhawk

So, just saw the split between Ember and Emby Theatre being in the App Store. Installed the app store version of ET and this is still a problem. Ancient episodes from 2014 cluttering up my Continue Watching section. If you follow the link in the original post, @@ebr thought this was a server side issue that was only affecting some clients (web client notably is not affected by this problem). Any update? Really ruins a really slick view that the app store apps display.

So, just saw the split between Ember and Emby Theatre being in the App Store. Installed the app store version of ET and this is still a problem. Ancient episodes from 2014 cluttering up my Continue Watching section. If you follow the link in the original post, @@ebr thought this was a server side issue that was only affecting some clients (web client notably is not affected by this problem). Any update? Really ruins a really slick view that the app store apps display.

That's not intended. Do you see them in the built-in web app as well?

fraenhawk

No as I mentioned, the web client never has shown them, nor the Android app, but Ember, Emby Theater (standalone and app store), and EMC (if you have the views turned on) do. The web client just shows me two shows that are actually in progress, Emby Theater shows those two, and then shows 3 others that haven't existed on the server since 2014. EMC shows even more.