Non-existent episodes show up in "In Progress"

fraenhawk

fraenhawk

Okay, I originally posted in the 8.1/10 App forum, then realized this occurs with EMC as well. @@ebr thought it would be a server side problem with the way the data is being presented to the clients, not a client filtering problem. It does not happen with the web or android clients though.

Summary and screenshot from the EMC thread:

If I go to the web or android clients and go to my Shows library and look at the resume section, one episode of Babylon 5 shows up. That's it.

On EMC if I go to the resume subview, I see 9 items (5 in 8.1/10 because of the layout). 8 of them are faded out and if I look at them, the screenshot has a "Missing" red banner across the top right corner. The 9th item is the Babylon 5 episode, which is bold and has the star (I use the Highlight Unplayed Items option). I checked the server and for my profile in Display settings, I have "Display missing episodes within seasons" unchecked, so that's not why. Plus, even turning that option on doesn't cause the web client to show episodes that cannot be resumed.

5692660bee58d_missing.jpg

It does not happen with the web or android clients though.

Those clients don't show that particular view.

Do you have any DLNA clients?  If so, see if the issue manifests itself there as well.

fraenhawk

So the Resume section of the Suggestions page of the web client isn't the same as the Resume sub-view of EMC or the In Progress section of the 8.1/10 app?

I do not have any DLNA clients currently configured. I believe I've tried it with my TV in the past, I'll see if I can get that looking at Emby again.

blade005

fraenhawk,

You are not alone here. I see the exact same thing with Resume in EMC. I know I have only one TV episode in a resume state, but EMC floods the resume tab with numerous episodes that have been watched and deleted from my system. I changed to Old Legacy Folder view in EMC Config menu, because Resume isn't workable in current state. Not an issue with Web Client or Android app.

MBS: Version 3.0.5805.0

EMC: Version 3.0.292.0

fraenhawk

@@blade005 Just so you know, you don't have to go so far as to go all the way back to Legacy folders. You just need to uncheck the "Use TV sub-views" in EMC to get it to go away as long as you're using .290 or .294. .292 and .293 had a bug where the sub-view checkbox wasn't working with the newer server builds, but that's been fixed. I only noticed the problem with resume during the time that the sub-views were stuck on, so figured I'd post about it.

blade005

@@blade005 Just so you know, you don't have to go so far as to go all the way back to Legacy folders. You just need to uncheck the "Use TV sub-views" in EMC to get it to go away as long as you're using .290 or .294. .292 and .293 had a bug where the sub-view checkbox wasn't working with the newer server builds, but that's been fixed. I only noticed the problem with resume during the time that the sub-views were stuck on, so figured I'd post about it.

Thanks for the tip. I unchecked sub-views and saw no difference. Now I know why.

fraenhawk

Okay, so I enabled the DLNA server and connected my older Sharp TV to it. I don't have a specific profile for it in Emby. All I get is "Data Not Available" when going to the Resume screen. Sorry, that's the only DLNA device in the house.

DGMayor

Pretty sure I posted about this as well in the Windows 8/10 app forum.  I don't have the resume stuff turned on in EMC, so I haven't seen it there.

blade005

Okay.  The bottom line is I'm sure this will be addressed by a server update in the future.

ebr,

I don't know if this is a server issue by itself.

The behavior of non-existent Resume items described in Post #1 present themselves in the Emby Classic, Roku and Emby Theater Alpha clients for me. This is not an issue in the Web Client, Android app or the Emby Theater client that has been released for quite some time.

I have a separate collection set up for Recorded TV items that are regularly added to the library, watched and then deleted from the library. This is different from my regular TV Collections library. The Recorded TV collection is where I am seeing all of these phantom Resume items.