Emby tries to login with no password in kodi

snuf

I installed emby on kodi and there is no password field in the config after restart it doesn't come with a login window but it tries to connect with no password and it fails.

Where can i set the password?

I use a mac with the latest version of kodi and emby and the emby server is running on a remote linux server so my primary ip is that of my remote server

Edited by snuf

Angelblue05

Do you mind enabling the emby add-on log level set to debug, restart Kodi to create a new log, then let Kodi run for a minute and post your log. Thanks. What you are experiencing is not normal. If there's a password, the keyboard prompt should show up to enter the password.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Edited by Angelblue05

I think the kodi/emby plugin can't handle a remote emby server which physically is setup in a different location (city) and kodi looks for a server in my local network. I will trie to create a log file.

Angelblue05

I have connected to remote servers no problems with the add-on. You just have to manually set up the add-on settings, because the add-on only detects in-network servers. A log would tell us what's really going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

Sure, go to the emby add-on settings > emby tab, you should see primary server address. Enter the remote address or ip, set the port if it's not 8096. Then enter your emby server username. Press ok, it should automatically pop a keyboard window for your emby password. If not, try restarting Kodi. Let me know.

Weird thing is that it now connects right away without entering a password. It processes a list and when its finished the list of series and films is there but if you try to play someting there is an error: one or more items failed to play. check the log file for details.

The other thing is that on a client of a friends pc the same loggin problem occurs also after adding the ip addres and user manually.

Do you know where i can find the log of emby on a ubuntu server?

I see the error messages in the emby server information: translated from dutch: failed login attempt user

Edited by snuf

Hello,

Hereby the log of a client who tries to connect for the first time with in the config ip number and username.

Kodi version 16 and latest version emby plugin.

In the logfile you can see that the server rejects the connection because of no password or bad username.

Log:

2016-03-14 22:07:59.8538 Info UserManager: Authentication request for jwm1964 has been denied.

2016-03-14 22:07:59.8552 Error DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.0.5882.0

Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh

Operating system: Unix 3.13.0.79

Processor count: 16

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server

Mono: 4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.102/6dd2d0d Thu Dec 3 04:04:55 UTC 2015)

Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

Invalid user or password entered.

MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.SecurityException

at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager+<AuthenticateNewSessionInternal>c__asyncC.MoveNext () <0x41c42790 + 0x0081f> in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () <0x7f08744356d0 + 0x00029> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) <0x7f08744336b0 + 0x000a7> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) <0x7f0874433630 + 0x0006b> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) <0x7f08744335e0 + 0x0003a> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[TResult].GetResult () <0x7f0874433d10 + 0x00017> in <filename unknown>:0

at MediaBrowser.Api.UserService+<Post>c__async1.MoveNext () <0x41c41cd0 + 0x004c4> in <filename unknown>:0

2016-03-14 22:07:59.8552 Error HttpServer: Error processing request for /emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.0.5882.0

Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh

Operating system: Unix 3.13.0.79

Processor count: 16

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server

Mono: 4.2.1 (Stable 4.2.1.102/6dd2d0d Thu Dec 3 04:04:55 UTC 2015)

Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

Invalid user or password entered.

ServiceStack.HttpError

No Stack Trace Available

Angelblue05

@@snuf that is not what I asked for at all... Please check the link I posted in the previous post or follow what I said in the second post (the one after your original post)

Edited by Angelblue05