Library Sync Thread has Exited

JamesSunderland

JamesSunderland

Hi!

I'm definitely not very lucky with music sharing.

I've got 2 serious problems with my library on emby.

First, I use Emby on Kodi on OSX.

I am experiencing the "Library Sync Thread has Exited" on both incremental sync and initial sync when it comes to music artists.

Sometimes, I've got "kodi can't locate file" during music titles sync.

I've attached a screenshot and the kodi.log file to this post.

It's very strange because I didn't have any sync problem on another computer which is running on Windows... 

Second, I can't read any music title on my Windows Phone 8.1 app.

I unsuccessfully contacted Scott about that and sent him my logs.

In both cases, I have no problem with movies and tv shows.

Could somebody help me, please?

post-93249-0-61204700-1457813540_thumb.jpg

Edited by JamesSunderland

Angelblue05

Is the music path correct? Can you access it? Verify file/folder permissions, because this means when verifying the file location using Kodi, it wasn't able to find/access the file.

Your music database seems to be corrupted. Are you able to do the following, reset your local database by launching the add-on. Then once Kodi is shut down, delete the MusicXX.db. Start Kodi again, let me know if it completes without the crash error (the file verification has nothing to do with the crash).

JamesSunderland

It didn't change anything, Angel.

Previously, I had :

- Updated nodes

- Forced local database resync

- Reset local database

- Deactivated/reactivated emby addon

- Deleted/reinstalled emby addon

I really don't know what to do next.

Angelblue05

Select reset local database, and once Kodi is shut down, delete the musicxx.db inside the kodi folder/userdata/database/musicxx.db

I can confirm - not working, Movies database ok (2400+ items), but when I add Tv Shows (more than 15000 episodes) always broke. I remove one show that have Specials/Season0 but update exited again...

Angelblue05

That's what I did.

Oh ok, sorry about that. I just wanted to make sure :) Do you mind grabbing a new log to see if it still throws this ugly error? Are you running out of space maybe? Does it always crash at this artist: Alan Silvestri?

Line 9922: DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

It seems to have gotten further in your last log. Can you try the following, hopefully it will allow the sync to complete. In the emby add-on settings > sync options > limit the artwork cache threads to 25. Another thing you could try is under the same setting section, near the bottom you will find the music metadata sync, disable Import music song rating from file. Let me know.

This error is very strange... Anyway, the good news is your music database file is no longer corrupted. :)

10:02:30 T:123145305600000   ERROR: Unable to load: /Users/braininavat/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/settings.xml, Line 0
                                            Failed to open file
Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I'm kind of running out of ideas.... Is it possible for you to just copy paste the userdata folder from your windows setup onto your osx? Not one of your log show the same error, and it seems to crash randomly but always when it gets to your music. I'm not exactly sure what's going on.  :mellow:

How big is your music library?

Angelblue05

Something is definitively up with your setup. It's not something I can really help with I'm afraid. You have weird errors all over your logs. Have you tried reinstalling Kodi?

JamesSunderland

I tried deleting and reinstalling Kodi and it changed nothing.

I think there's a serious problem with music management on Kodi OSX and on Windows Phone App.

Angelblue05

Have you tried a different version of Kodi? Maybe Isengard 15.2 doesn't have that problem?

You could also disable music from syncing in the add-on settings. At least you'd have your video library imported. Then at a later time, you can try to enable the music library in the add-on settings again and running a manual sync. See if you have better luck.

Edited by Angelblue05