Emby Server Locks up every night

cow666

cow666

At my wits end and on the point of giving up on Emby

I'm running Emby Server on a Windows Server 2012 Essential box - until the last patch everything was working but now after several hours of inactivity Emby Server is going into a lock down state.

I am unable to access it via web or Kodi access either remotely or on the server - I can't even kill the process and am forced to reboot my server just to get it active again.

Not sure what is happening but I can't live with this..

Any help before I decide to terminate my Emby experiment?

Log.txt

Edited by cow666

Hi, have you installed any emby plugins? if so, try removing them all and see if the issue persists with just the core server. thanks.

cow666

I've attached a log file for the time of the issue to the original post.. 

Appears to be something to do with the Remove Old Sync Data function

Edited by cow666

Angelblue05

Looks more like a Kodi DLNA issue to me, which has nothing to do with the kodi server plugin. Are you using the emby add-on in Kodi or DLNA to access your content?

cow666

Both.. I use Emby for Kodi for my main access but have various devices around the house that I tend to use the web access for. Emby Server is in charge of all the DNLA content and metadata

The plugin does add extra load to the server, that's why I would suggest removing it for a little while to see if the issue still occurs.

Meatwagon

I am having the same problem. As of update 5882 I am experiencing overnight connection problems. It happens with both the service or the program itself. When I reboot the server, everything works just fine. Not using a kodi plugin, or kodi at all. Only 2 plugins are installed. I'll add some logs later today.

anderbytes

After upgrading, I've seen some odd difficulties overnight, too. Don't know if it is related.

After restarting, works ok.

cow666

I can't restart - Emby Server won't terminate - I can't even kill he process and end up having to reboot the server

cow666

Haven't checked it today.. at work at the moment so I'll have to wait till I get home.

• Like 1

vick1982

yep.. im having the same problem.. always needing to restart emby for clients to connect after a little while... i do use the kodi addon for my home clients... it looks to me like it is affecting the android apps from accessing the server until i restart it.. will monitor this again..

Edited by vick1982

Meatwagon

Uninstalled Auto Box sets and Trakt plugins and no lock up last night

That may be the solution for now. Switched to Beta Channel yesterday. But I'll look in to this for sure!

yep.. im having the same problem.. always needing to restart emby for clients to connect after a little while... i do use the kodi addon for my home clients... it looks to me like it is affecting the android apps from accessing the server until i restart it.. will monitor this again..

It both happens with my Android clients and web access. Although, on my android clients I can work a little longer before everything locks up/freezes.

Angelblue05

Can we confirm which server plugin is causing this issue?

If you have the kodi plugin installed, remove only that, wait until you usually expect your server to lock, let me know if it happens. If it is the Kodi plugin causing the issue, this needs to be resolved asap. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vick1982

That may be the solution for now. Switched to Beta Channel yesterday. But I'll look in to this for sure!

It both happens with my Android clients and web access. Although, on my android clients I can work a little longer before everything locks up/freezes.

yeah sorry.. i forgot to mention  it happens to my web access also.... i have pushover notifications plugin... since you say trakt might be the cause i will disable pushover and see if it has any impact.. but i really like to use this plugin

vick1982

disabling pushover didnt help... still hanging.. i have uninstalled kodi queue plugin .. still have rotten tomaotos and server restart plugin.. do i need to unisntall everything to test ?  only pushover has disable the others have to be uninstalled

Happy2Play

disabling pushover didnt help... still hanging.. i have uninstalled kodi queue plugin .. still have rotten tomaotos and server restart plugin.. do i need to unisntall everything to test ?  only pushover has disable the others have to be uninstalled

@@vick1982

When does your server lockup?  Could your server process be hanging during the plugin restart and never actually restarting?

@@cow666

Since you are using different ports could you have a port conflict?  The port wiki shows your ports possibly already used.

vick1982

@@vick1982

When does your server lockup?  Could your server process be hanging during the plugin restart and never actually restarting?

@@cow666

Since you are using different ports could you have a port conflict?  The port wiki shows your ports possibly already used.

i installed the server plugin to make it restart every day as it has always hanged here and there randomly maybe 1once every few days... but now since latest update it is happening multiple times a day.. i think the restart plugin is working (set to restart at 4am each day) as it is working fine in the morning.. only after users have logged in a few times that  it hangs and wont work until i manually restart it.. happening noticeably few times a day.. really not ideal

vick1982

could any of this explain the problem ? or is this just what happens after it has hanged... i think this is the error when trying to use web access after it hangs..soon as i restart server it works again until it hangs again.

*** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5882.0
    Command line: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor count: 8
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Program data path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    User not found
    MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException
     at MediaBrowser.Api.UserService.Get(GetOfflineUser request)
     at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto)

2016-03-16 12:16:37.1387 Error HttpServer: Error processing request for /emby/Users/b0e6cd93c2a9484ca7337da11d8652cd/Offline?format=json
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5882.0
    Command line: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    Processor count: 8
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Program data path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    User not found
    ServiceStack.HttpError
    No Stack Trace Available

Edited by vick1982

cow666

@@Happy2Play nah don't think so.. the server was locking up when absolutely nothing else was connected to it.. all the clients are powered off during the night and most of the day as well.