Sync Question/Request

DarkStaff

DarkStaff

I Just switched my Kodi set up off my Emby server onto a CuBoxi-TV server the other day running OpenElec 6.0.3.  Emby server running on Windows Vista Ultimate currently (Upgrading to NUC with Windows 7 Ultimate soon).  

In the current set up Kodi appears to update fine if I restart the CuBoxi, but I never see any periodic updates.  Are periodic library updates incorporated into the Emby for Kodi syncing?  If not, would it be possible to background sync new files every X hours or even when they are added to Emby itself.  The reason I ask is last night I added 4 new TV episodes to my Emby server, they are showing on Emby, and using the Emby web interface I can connect to Kodi and start the video playing, but if I browse through the TV Shows or Latest Added, 12 hours later, on the Kodi install itself the new shows are not showing up.  I am assuming if I were to restart the CuBoxi the shows would then appear, but I plan on leaving the CuBoxi running 24/7 and would prefer not to have to restart it every time a new TV episode or movie is added to the Emby server.

Edited by DarkStaff

DarkStaff

it does this already using a WebSocket notification channel.

What is the time frame on this and is there any way to set how long it takes?  As I said, 12 hours after new shows were added into Emby they still had not appeared in Kodi.  In fact, I just had to do a repair from the Emby plugin in order to get the new shows to appear.  Not sure why this would be happening, but it appeared even a reboot of the CuBoxi-TV and startup sync on Emby didn't add the new episodes to the Kodi library.

Edited by DarkStaff

DarkStaff

Will post my log when this repair local db finishes up.  Lots of shows/episodes to run through so it will take a while.  Not sure why I am able to see the files in the emby add-on but not in the "TV Shows > Last Added" section of the Kodi home menu

Angelblue05

Nevermind the log right now. Just next time you add content and it doesn't show up in Kodi, post that log, thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05

DarkStaff

It should be withing a few seconds you see the messages pop up in Kodi, turn on update notification to see when new update messages arrive.

Nevermind the log right now. Just next time you add content and it doesn't show up in Kodi, post that log, thanks.

Will do.  I ended up having to reset everything due to a freezing issue, and it seems to be working now.  Think this may have been caused by the Kodi Library update being run by an auto-update service.  Disabled the service and reset the db and everything seems to be running smoothly now and updating correctly.  Next time content doesn't appear I will grab a log immediately and post it up, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that this was a compatibility issue with another plugin.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
DarkStaff

Will do.  I ended up having to reset everything due to a freezing issue, and it seems to be working now.  Think this may have been caused by the Kodi Library update being run by an auto-update service.  Disabled the service and reset the db and everything seems to be running smoothly now and updating correctly.  Next time content doesn't appear I will grab a log immediately and post it up, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that this was a compatibility issue with another plugin.

Original issue fixed by removing the kodi WatchDog plugin as this was causing a Kodi library update and would break the Emby update.  

On a new/related note Emby DB rolled back today for some reason and Kodi/Emby for Kodi DB wouldn't update and crapped out, so I had to do a full reset of the Kodi DB on my solid run cubox-i 4x4 pro.  Was having a hard time with it freezing up until I stumbled upon an old thread talking about checking the option for limiting the artwork threads.  Any chance we can get a card up on trello to figure out how to optimize large syncs like the initial sync for devices like the cubox-i and the rpi so that the artwork thread limiting becomes a non-issue.

Also noticed that on that initial sync if I started playing another movie/tv show via Emby sending it to Kodi I would get about 15 or 20 minutes into the show and Kodi would reboot itself.

Edited by DarkStaff