Qnap server+Kodi+Emby on FireTVs

Lee.Kron

Lee.Kron

@@Angelblue05 I can't for the life of me figure out why the files won't play to my FireTvs.  I'm new to this forum but not to tech so take it easy on me please.  I'm not sure how to get the Emby log file out of my Qnap server at this point.  QTS 4.2 operating system.

I set everything reasonably easily.  Media is there, metadata is there.  I watched it scan the obviously correct shared folder on my NAS. No luck.  I can view the files/movies in the web UI of Emby just fine. (except ISO are a no go through Emby but Kodi handles them fine)

I think it is a simple issue but it is escaping me.  Has to be a path problem but I feel like I've tried everything with paths and path substitution with nothing workng.  I'll try and post the Emby log file if I can figure out how to get it here.

This is the log file to Kodi: http://xbmclogs.com/phwjaa6ci

Hopefully this works, here is the log to Emby: http://paste2.org/3t664PYc

Edited by Lee.Kron

You can view video files in the web UI, so does that mean you can play them?

Lee.Kron

Yes, I can play them.  Even the ISOs but you can't get past the menu of course. Kodi should handle them anyway but yes I can view the video.

Lee.Kron

Posted the link to the Emby log in OP.  I have to log out for a while and will check back later tonight.  Thank you for all the help Luke!

Edited by Lee.Kron

Angelblue05

@@Lee.Kron

You need to do a path substitution in emby. This not a valid path in Kodi.

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Movie Collection/

You want to make your paths like (note I don't know if it takes the CACHEDEV1_DATA part or not).

\\{servername or ip}\Movie Collection\

Do the following path substitution to accomplish this (if it doesn't work, you can try removing CACHEDEV1_DATA from the substitution). Note the end path needs to be a valid network path.

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/

To:

\\{servername or ip}\
Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Lee.Kron

I will give this a try when I get back to my house. Thank you so much in advance for the help! I hope it works. I tried so many things and I knew it was a path problem but didn't know the syntax. I will report back with results

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Lee.Kron

So far, no good on the path subs.  Not sure what's going on.  Error connecting Emby server is unreachable now.  I have change the paths a couple of different ways based on what @@Angelblue05 posted and still not having any luck.  Here's a chunk of the log file.

2016-03-05 17:30:27.3787 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit
2016-03-05 17:30:27.3787 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Movie Collection/Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay 2008 Unrated.mp4, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: False
2016-03-05 17:30:27.3787 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Movie Collection/Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay 2008 Unrated.mp4
2016-03-05 17:30:27.3787 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Movie Collection/Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay 2008 Unrated.mp4, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: False
2016-03-05 17:30:27.3787 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Movie Collection/Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay 2008 Unrated.mp4
2016-03-05 17:30:27.3813 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 70.198.47.131. Time: 57ms. 

Edited by Lee.Kron

Angelblue05

It shouldn't affect the reachability of your server? What can help is the following: in Kodi, go to settings > addons > install from zip, go to your share via smb, take note of the path at the top, let me know what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee.Kron

smb://<ServerName>  or I guess possibly smb://<Servername>/Movie Collection

When you actually select "Movie Collection" it just says smb://<ServerName>

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Can you post your kodi log with the path sub in emby? Try to playback something. If it still say unreachable, post your kodi log anyway.

Lee.Kron

Kodi log - http://xbmclogs.com/pxvkkmdec 

Here is what the path sub looks like: actual name omitted of course

56dbbb1b48468_Pathsub.png

Just as an FYI, earlier I could stream to my phone via the Emby app and with the Emby website. Emby and my server are working every where except Kodi it seems.

Edited by Lee.Kron

Angelblue05

Can you validate there's your server ip in the emby add-on settings? It looks as if your settings.xml got corrupted or wiped.

Edited by Angelblue05

Lee.Kron

Well right now it says //<ServerName>/ 

Would you like me to put //192.168.x.xxx/ ?

We are talking Emby settings correct?  For Primary server?

Angelblue05

The slash are incorrect. Backward slash is what is needed \\<servername>\ or ip address, whichever should be fine.

In Kodi, go to add-ons > enabled add-ons > video add-ons > emby > configure. Let me know if you see the server address in the primary server field. (The add-on is unable to reach your server, because it seems the primary server address is missing from settings)

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

No problem, the primary server address in the add-on setting should look like: 192.168.x.xxx    No slashes, then restart Kodi.

Edited by Angelblue05

Lee.Kron

Okay, so the Primary server address in the Emby addon looks like this \\192.168.x.xxx\

The path sub in Emby server looks like this: 

To:\\<ServerName> 

Latest Kodi log file: Your debug kodi.log: http://xbmclogs.com/pnkkb2qib

You want me to take out slashes and reboot Kodi.  Going to do that now.

Edited by Lee.Kron

Angelblue05

@@Lee.Kron

Looks like you got the add-on settings primary server address right this time. It connected. It doesn't need slashes here because the add-on already takes care of that. :)

Your path substitution is incorrect however.

This is what you want to do. You want to replace the root of the path, to make it into a valid network address.

To: \\<serverName>\

Lee.Kron

Just like that? The forward slashes and backslashes are throwing me off.  I will make the path change and try it and grab another log.

Edited by Lee.Kron