Emby 2.0 DVD Anamorphic Resolution issue

arsim

babgvant

When I update, I download and install over the top. I'll try babgvant's idea first, and if it doesn't work, I'l remove theater completely and reinstall

EDIT: Neither solution worked

What is your screen resolution? I haven't been able to reproduce on 1080p.

Guest asrequested

What is your screen resolution? I haven't been able to reproduce on 1080p.

1080P at 60hz. What else could be causing it that I can maybe tweak?

babgvant

I'm going to see if I can reproduce using the public download instead of my personal dev build. Maybe there's a difference.

babgvant

I'm going to see if I can reproduce using the public download instead of my personal dev build. Maybe there's a difference.

I can reproduce w/ the release build. Investigating.

babgvant

Try this version of the EVR+ CP (custom presenter). Replace the copy in your COMObjects folder.

The problem I fixed was that the function I used to load the bitmap subtitle from system memory onto the DX surface (D3DXLoadSurfaceFromMemory) [somewhat silently] adds a dependency on the DX9 runtime, which isn't included with Windows. This caused the EVR+ CP to not load and use the stock EVR CP, which doesn't offer AR correction (or at least not in the way ET expects).

The easy fix would be to require you to install the DX9 runtime, but given how little it's used that didn't seem like a great solution, and it would require more lifting from the installer. So now the CP copies the bitmap directly onto the surface.

Guest asrequested

Try this version of the EVR+ CP (custom presenter). Replace the copy in your COMObjects folder.

The problem I fixed was that the function I used to load the bitmap subtitle from system memory onto the DX surface (D3DXLoadSurfaceFromMemory) [somewhat silently] adds a dependency on the DX9 runtime, which isn't included with Windows. This caused the EVR+ CP to not load and use the stock EVR CP, which doesn't offer AR correction (or at least not in the way ET expects).

The easy fix would be to require you to install the DX9 runtime, but given how little it's used that didn't seem like a great solution, and it would require more lifting from the installer. So now the CP copies the bitmap directly onto the surface.

My issue is unchanged. I'll try removing ET and reinstalling. I'm assuming 2.0.8 has the COMObjects update?

EDIT: Removed and reinstalled ET, it didn't fix it. Also, when I window from full screen, this happens:

56eee41bce8ef_Snapshot_16.jpg

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

No. This hasn't been included yet.

Can you regsvr32 the DLL?

What command line syntax do I need to use?

EDIT: I think I got it, but I get an error.

56eef61478c2e_Snapshot_17.jpg

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

That's it, but has to be done from a admin (escalated) one.

If it still doesn't work, please load the DLL in depends (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) and see if there are any dependencies missing.

I couldn't get it working with the command line, I loaded it in Dependency Walker and it showed some errors. I've attached the report.

56ef16349d0a5_Snapshot_19.jpg

Edited by Doofus

babgvant

Sorry. Mobile view didn't show it. That looks like the old version, not sure why. I uploaded it to the edge filter set. You can try changing to it.

Guest asrequested

Sorry. Mobile view didn't show it. That looks like the old version, not sure why. I uploaded it to the edge filter set. You can try changing to it.

Just tried with edge filters, no change

Guest asrequested

Can you verify that it's 1.0.0.8. If so, please depends it.

It's 1.0.0.7

56ef20243eb0c_Snapshot_20.jpg

56ef20ea9304e_Snapshot_21.jpg

Edited by Doofus

jordy

Hi @babgavant, I have two machines, both running Win10pro - a Surface Pro 3 and an older Acer Aspire 5742 laptop - both run Intel HD graphics / w 4gb system Ram. The Surface pro plays HEVC 720*576 vids in full screen regardless of using MadVR or EVR+ Stable/Edge. The Acer however, plays the same vids in full screen when using MadVR but in windowed mode when using EVR+ Edge/Stable, Both systems are running ET 2.0.8 and both have the v1.0.0.7 dll. Not sure why one is fine but the other has an issue with EVR+.

Tks.

babgvant

I'd guess that the Acer doesn't have the DX9 runtime installed. I've pushed EVR+ CP 1.0.0.8 out. Let's see if the next ET build sorts it. If not, please report back and we can investigate further.

jordy

I'd guess that the Acer doesn't have the DX9 runtime installed. I've pushed EVR+ CP 1.0.0.8 out. Let's see if the next ET build sorts it. If not, please report back and we can investigate further.

Ok Thanks

Guest asrequested

2.0.9 still has 1.0.0.7 and is presenting the same problem

EDIT: I had to uninstall and reinstall to get 1.0.0.8, and I can confirm that it fixed the problem. Nice job Babgvant! Thank you!

Edited by Doofus

jordy

Hi @babgavant, I have completely uninstalled ET from the ACER (completely removed all ET directories in Roaming folder). Re-installed, version 2.0.1 was installed firstly and the problem file played correctly - in full screen mode when using EVR+. After a while I restarted ET and it upgraded to 2.0.9. The problem file is now back to playing in letterbox mode when using EVR+. I checked the .dll and it is still showing as v1.0.0.7 - using the windows properties dialogue. Something is not working correctly... Any suggestions, should I look for (or can you supply) the DX9 runtime files and install them?