Tried again. Still missing lots of art

hstamas

hstamas

Gave up trying to get Emby on OS X working a few months ago. Tried again yesterday and I have to say things have progressed a lot! Good work everyone! I can now install the server without issue and my test media library import of about 100 movies and 40 TV shows scans without a hitch. Thats never happened before!

Still having enough issues to make Emby unusable in my setup though unfortunately. I didn't leave things installed long enough to get any logs but my main issue at this point is missing or wrong artwork.

When ever I browse my media library either via the web client or the IOS app, images load pretty slowly. When they do load, once I start scrolling, many of the movies are missing art when for example 3 ours ago the had art. Sometime a browser (Safari) refresh will load them, sometime it will not. Same things happen on the IOS app on both an iPhone 6 and iPad.

I am also getting the wrong art associated with a given title. This is not mis-identified media, this is, for example Finding Nemo showing the art for Fantasia. The movie is identified correctly and if I play it it plays Finding Nemo but the art is wrong. When this starts happening its throughout the list of movies. Maybe every 5th or 6th movie is mixed up.

Wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else see's this kind of behavior?

I am surprised I am not seeing more of the same issues posted here? Is it just me or are there so few OS X users here that it is in fact just me?

Will probably give the server versions a few more updates and try again but Ive been at this for almost a year and still haven't had a usable install. Very disappointing.

I don't think it's missing but instead slow to generate. It can be slow on first access but as the apps build up their image caches it improves significantly.

hstamas

I don't think it's missing but instead slow to generate. It can be slow on first access but as the apps build up their image caches it improves significantly.

How about the weird mismatch Luke? Have you ever seen this before?

the mismatched images are because we're pushing the device a little too hard with too many on-screen images at once. Apple has strict memory usage limits and once you exceed them a number of side effects start happening such as this. The iOS app has taken some steps to prevent this from happening, but in the browser in safari, it's tougher to do. Solving it in safari is going to require all new designs strictly for safari that space out the images more and use other techniques, and i just don't have the bandwidth for that right now. I would suggest using the ios app or the chrome browser on the device. It can still happen in chrome but google has added some workarounds for graphics-heavy sites that help reduce the likelihood of it happening.