Files not playing through Emby

droza20

I've run into a few files that will not play over my wireless network on my android tablet through the emby app.  They play fine through emby on the host pc (server).  I can put them on a microsd card and play them fine on the tablet, but when i try to use emby and access them on the network on the server, they try to load then go to the next video in the series.  Any quick thoughts that might be causing this I can look into?

Thank you!

And I praise the developers for this app.  I love it, but if start running into these problem more often, I might have to find another means of video playback over my network :/

Hi, I see this in our log:

Emby for Android Mobile, version: 2.5.79

That's a little bit behind. Can you update to the latest version of the app? Thanks.

droza20

the google play store says i have the latest version.  is there another way to get the latest version?  app info says i have version 2.6.03 and it's still doing the same thing.

Ok, sorry to ask, but can you provide new logs? there have been changes since the time of your previous logs. thanks.

emamid

Question on proper procedure. I have a similar but not identical problem: certain video files play fine via the web interface and in the old Emby Theater app, but playback stops, at the exact same spot, on two different regular Android devices and on an Android TV device. Should I post my info here, in case they have the same underlying cause? Or should I start a new thread, so as not to muddle things?

Question on proper procedure. I have a similar but not identical problem: certain video files play fine via the web interface and in the old Emby Theater app, but playback stops, at the exact same spot, on two different regular Android devices and on an Android TV device. Should I post my info here, in case they have the same underlying cause? Or should I start a new thread, so as not to muddle things?

new thread would be best, thanks.