nVidia Shield won't play movies

RottingMeat

I should have a new beta for the Shield tomorrow that solves this.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Aztech

Note I just got an android tv (mxIII) same issue grey screen. Tried to load the normal emby app as well which just freezes the unit.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

omeed321

I'm noticing alot more files playing direct stream rather then transcoding which is nice, however when I stop playing a media file there is a loud popping/crackling sound that comes out of my speakers that lasts about 1-2 seconds, this doesn't happen with the stable version of the app.

MrWebsmith

im here.. didnt get to watch anything last night... real tough one with the little baby... ill test tonight i hope..

however when I stop playing a media file there is a loud popping/crackling sound that comes out of my speakers that lasts about 1-2 seconds, this doesn't happen with the stable version of the app.

Hmmm.... I have not seen that.

You didn't notice anything else different about the audio?

MrWebsmith

loving it.. on my shieldtv... im direct/i playing 1080 stuff bitstreaming both dts and dolby digital to my avr..

emby server shows direct playing... avr shows that its processing the full DD/DTS.... havent had a single item yet of PCM or stereo... no sync issues no issues period so far

ill keep pushing on it

• Like 2

CBers

loving it.. on my shieldtv... im direct/i playing 1080 stuff bitstreaming both dts and dolby digital to my avr..

emby server shows direct playing... avr shows that its processing the full DD/DTS.... havent had a single item yet of PCM or stereo... no sync issues no issues period so far

ill keep pushing on it

Sounds positive.

Does it do the same on the NP connected only to your TV?

CBers

Still no audio if track contains Dolby on latest version (1.1.55) on both Nexus Player and Shield.

Audio OK if not Dolby.

Heuer

Both DTS and DD working perfectly from my Shield, direct playing and AVR confirms. Fantastic!

• Like 1

CBers

Both DTS and DD working perfectly from my Shield, direct playing and AVR confirms. Fantastic!

Precisely, it's connected to an AVR.

Try taking it out of the equation and see if it still works.

IE connect the Shield to the TV just via HDMI.

Heuer

Has your TV got the necessary decoders, most do not and only have Dolby/DTS pass through ouputs? Have you tried switching to 'Compatible' audio in the Emby app?

CBers

That's the $64M question, Kodi gives me DD pass-through, but the Emby for Android TV app does not.

When VLC was being used in the app, I got audio, but since it has been removed, I get no audio.

Heuer

Have you tried unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable into the Shield with a full reboot as well?

CBers

Have you tried unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable into the Shield with a full reboot as well?

Yes.

It's not the hardware or the connection, it's the app.

MrWebsmith

CBers,

i didnt try the NP.. i will try that today and report back

• Like 1