Picture Library

dcrdev

I will test it later today buddy, sorry not feeling well at the moment (sort throat issue).

Well done.

@@Abobader

Grab the latest 2.2.7 in public testing again. I think I got this right, now. :) I've tested with the exact naming of your photo library just to make sure.

Same issue buddy as post #24, here the log:

kodi.log

Angelblue05

@@Abobader

You don't have the zip installed from the public testing. Try again to install it please. Thanks, it should work. As I said, I've already tested it, there's no reason why it wouldn't work for you as well (but you have the wrong version installed, that does not contain any fixes I made).

I've attached it here, just in case.

Edited by Angelblue05

Good day,

Buddy I am sure I download .27, but I went a head and download the zip file here, run it, update start for 15 items, it been like this for this item for the past 30 mins or so, here the log:

56d9f453d5b0a_20160304_234417.jpg

kodi.log

I can access that network share and play the titles without any problem.

My best

Angelblue05

According to your log, the update has completed. It seems however, that you installed the version during the sync so the progress dialog never closed. Just restart Kodi to be safe, but it should be fine. Let me know if your pictures are working now. Thanks.

Edit: And no, you had the incorrect version installed. This was the error you were getting in your log.

utils.logMsg("BrowseContent","viewname: %s - type: %s - folderid: %s - filter: %s" %(viewname, type, folderid, filter))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xd8 in position 10: ordinal not in range(128)

This what the custom build 2.2.7 looks like with the fix:

utils.logMsg("BrowseContent","viewname: %s - type: %s - folderid: %s - filter: %s" %(viewname.decode('utf-8'), type.decode('utf-8'), folderid.decode('utf-8'), filter.decode('utf-8')))
Edited by Angelblue05

Good day,

Thing at the moment not good, now I can not see my folder library name for pictures as it used to be:

56d9f90109f15_20160305_00124.jpg

Sorry to ask, but where to find the build number for the one installed?

My best

CBers

Sorry to ask, but where to find the build number for the one installed?

My best

GOTO Settings, Add-ons, My Add-ons, Video Add-ons, Emby.

It should then show you the version you have installed.

I have 2.2.7 installed.

• Like 2

Angelblue05

I don't understand this at all. What on earth is going on. It's working just fine for me over here. 

Instead of launching the emby add-on, just open the context menu on Emby > add-on information. It should say 2.2.7

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Proof. I will push a new beta version 2.2.8 with the photo fixes, in case something is wrong on your side.

56da01dceb4c3_photo.png56da01e76a99b_photo2.png

ah, ok I give up, maybe my kodi for emby have sort throat issue as I am :)

I will try later.

Well done CBers and Angelblue.

• Like 2

CBers

@@Angelblue05 - where are the instructions for adding Photos to Kodi please?

I think I have done it correctly, but I'm only seeing a 3rd if my Photos folders listed.

Thanks.

Angelblue05

@@CBers

Your emby photo libraries are accessed via picture add-ons > emby

Let me know your structure a bit. How are they added to emby? Are they grouped? Are they individual folders in your emby dashboard > library? Let me know.

CBers

I have a Photos library that then contains Years, under which are Months, then either Events folders or photos or both.

I have Year folders from 1999 - 2015, but only seeing a few of them.

So in the skin I use (Mimic), I just create a menu option pointing to Addon, Picture Addon, Emby, Photos, "create menu item to here" ?

If I go into the Photos before selecting "create menu item to here", I don't get the full listing of my Photos folder.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I have a Photos library that then contains Years, under which are Months, then either Events folders or photos or both.

I have Year folders from 1999 - 2015, but only seeing a few if them.

So in the skin I use (Mimic), I just create a menu option pointing to Addon, Picture Addon, Emby, Photos, create menu item to here ?

Yes, that's correct for the menu. Sorry, you said you are missing year folders or months / events / photos?

Edit: Just saw your other post. Ok so years is missing. Hmm, looking into what could explain this.... picture libraries are pulled "instantly" from the server, but for some reason they don't have an entry created for them.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

CBers

Structure:

Photos->

1999->

01. January

02. February

2000->

01. January

02. February->

Event 1

Event 2

And so on.

• Like 1

CBers

They're all showing in the web client, ATV apps as well as the Samsung Smart TV app.

Not a major issue for now, but if you have some suggestions, it would be appreciated.

Getting late here in the UK, so I'll pick this up tomorrow if you have any thoughts overnight.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I've created a temp structure to try and replicate. The years that are missing in Kodi, are there any differences from the ones working? Maybe empty folders? Let me know.

CBers

No, none are empty, otherwise they wouldn't exist, although they may not have pictures in them, they will have event folders with pictures in.

I'll have to check the missing ones and report back :)

• Like 1

CBers

Yes, that's what it is.

There are no pictures directly under the Year folder, but there are Month folders that contain either Event folders and/or photos.

Every one that is missing in Kodi is like this.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

It seems I'm able to replicate the issue... I think. I'll work on it, I should have a new build out tonight, so you'll be able to test tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Angelblue05

@@CBers your issue is fixed with the latest beta 2.2.8

@@Abobader hope you feel better soon. Try out 2.2.8, let me know that it works, *double crossing my fingers*...

• Like 2

LongMan

I can also confirm that it is showing all photos. I have a similar setup. I was thinking I did something wrong but all photos as showing now. Thanks @@Angelblue05. Are able to include the file name of the picture? When Picture Information(info on remote, i on keyboard) screen comes up, File name says '0'. It would be nice to have the file name.

Cheers,

LongMan

• Like 1