How to manually update to 2.2.3 ?

Marcet

Hi all,

I'm a happy Kodi user for quite some times now (I've started with xbmc on xbox few years ago) ;)

I had given a try to Emby Server & Emby for Kody for about a week now, and I love it.

But...

Since the Emby for Kodi Plugin update to 2.2.0, I can't use the my Kodi box anymore as the initial sync keeps crashing.

I've read the threads about the new releases, and I want to update to 2.2.3.

How can I force the update or manually do it ?

Thanks for your help. All my family is counting on you guys ;)

Self answer :

I finally found the way to github, downloaded the zip file and scp-it to my OpenElec box.

The first initial sync attempt was a big fail.

So I decided to clear local Kodi database. This was difficult due to auto starting emby first sync task.

But I finally succeed to sync to the end like with previous version.

It last a little more than 1 hour (I've a big media base).

PS: I must run the sync for 4 other users on my kodi box.

How can clear the Emby for Kodi settings of a profile via ssh ? Some file to delete ?

PS: I must run the sync for 4 other users on my kodi box.

How can clear the Emby for Kodi settings of a profile via ssh ? Some file to delete ?

I have no idea if this will work without causing issues. Try deleting (after making a backup first, in the event it causes issues)

Adjust the path for your install

<kodi root>\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby\settings.xml

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Hm, I'm not sure, but you should be able to cancel the initial sync with the database reset. So when you start Kodi, if the initial sync launched, just navigate to video add-ons > emby > reset local database. It should cancel the current sync, and ask you to delete the database and/ emby add-on settings. Hope this helps....

I have no idea if this will work without causing issues. Try deleting (after making a backup first, in the event it causes issues)

Adjust the path for your install

<kodi root>\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.emby\settings.xml

That works. Thanks.

I was also able to reset the Kodi Database by deleting the content of Database folder.

Everything works well now. As I figure out I also had a failing drive, which is now replaced.

I'm again a happy Emby + Kody user :D

Hm, I'm not sure, but you should be able to cancel the initial sync with the database reset. So when you start Kodi, if the initial sync launched, just navigate to video add-ons > emby > reset local database. It should cancel the current sync, and ask you to delete the database and/ emby add-on settings. Hope this helps....

I tried several time, but it didn't work.

I got a message telling that I can't reset the database during a scan operation.

Angelblue05

Hey, can you tell me what you see on screen? Try it again, while it's processing rather than gathering items in the progress dialog. Let me know...

if you still are unable to reset your database, instead go to add-on settings > emby > reset to default (next to ok/cancel button usually) then start kodi, then do a reset of your local database, it should be good this time - wipe your emby info at the same time if you have to use the default button for the add-on settings to get it to work. Sorry about this :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey, can you tell me what you see on screen? Try it again, while it's processing rather than gathering items in the progress dialog. Let me know...

As I had to replace the failing disk, I had to start over with a fresh install.

Sorry but everything is working like a charm now, and I don't want to mess it up ;)

As far as I remember :

- The initial sync failed due to disk malfunction (bad sectors, which I didn't know at that time)

- I wanted to try again with a fresh database

- But as soon as I enter to kodi, the initial sync starts

- I went to PROGRAM -> EXTENSIONS -> ... -> EMBY -> SETTINGS

- I tried to reset the database from the last tab which sould be "Reset kodi local database"

- Few seconds later, a message is displayed telling you can't reset the database during a scan.

Hope this helps ;)

if you still are unable to reset your database, instead go to add-on settings > emby > reset to default (next to ok/cancel button usually) then start kodi, then do a reset of your local database, it should be good this time - wipe your emby info at the same time if you have to use the default button for the add-on settings to get it to work. Sorry about this :/

As I said, with a new disk in place and as fresh start with openelec reinstall, everything works flawlessly.

But thanks for the "Reset to default" advice, I'll try to remember for the next time (hope not to have).

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1