Live tv multiple audio tracks not selectable

Spaceboy

I also cannot find this option.

The strange thing is the app settings page shows version 1.1.49a and has all the old vlc settings,

but the Amazon info page says version 1.1.60a and has the big test banner.

Sounds like you are still running the release version and not the beta.

pünktchen

Sounds like you are still running the release version and not the beta.

Yeah, something was brocken somehow. I've reinstalled, found the audio transcoding setting and unchecked it.

No change with recordings!

Spaceboy

I'll take a look tonight. I do have a nexus 7 and although I didn't try it as thoroughly it seemed better than the np.

Spaceboy

hello, some improvement noted on .61g and setting sound to compatible rather than direct. direct worked previously but the internal player seems to struggle with DD+ sound tracks, it says its trying to play it direct but it doesnt start. so with compatible audio

i'm not just talking about live tv. let me give you some detail. hd recorded tv works fine, its trasncoded using the internal player but its a nice picture, i guess its transcoding due to the ac3 dd+ audio track but its good. you can't skip, the recording just restarts from the beginning same. sd recorded tv plays ok but the picture takes up the middle vertical strip of the tv but nothing on either side, so a wrong aspect ratio same

live tv, hd channels works dont start at all. sd channels start fine, decent picture correct aspect ratio but no sound. as before i can see both audio tracks, neither is checked and if i try to chack one it tells me it cannot play this format, the video pauses and endless spinning circle.same

with media with a dts soundtrack it plays fine but no sound works.  there is no option to change audio tracks but subs work ok. weirdly i just found that if i turn the subs on the audio starts! but still no option to change. turn subs off and the audio goes. same for anything with a dd+ 2.0 audio track works, mp3 and aac work fine.

i also noticed that android tv on the nexus 7 on .61g still has vlc options. not much works. however using the emby for android app on the same device, everything works perfectly. the dashboard says that live and recorded tv is direct playing

hello, some improvement noted on .61g and setting sound to compatible rather than direct. direct worked previously but the internal player seems to struggle with DD+ sound tracks, it says its trying to play it direct but it doesnt start. so with compatible audio

I don't find that to be the case at all. DD, DTS and Live TV with DD all play back great for me.  If anyone else is having these kinds of troubles, please speak up so we can try and narrow down why.

i also noticed that android tv on the nexus 7 on .61g still has vlc options. not much works. however using the emby for android app on the same device, everything works perfectly. the dashboard says that live and recorded tv is direct playing

The 7 must be running

• 3 weeks later...
Spaceboy

hey ebr, i reset everything and now have full audio back using the direct setting in the app. DTS, DD on local media is now working and the problem is limited to live tv. i still have pretty much the same symptoms, now using the stable server and beta android app.

bbc1 hd never plays for more than a second, i posted about this here http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32837-live-tv-channel-closing-immediately/ this is not just limited to the android app, seems to fail in in transcoding for some reason

apart from the above everything works perfectly in the web client. multiple audio tracks are available and selected, the correct one plays, subtitles are available and selectable and you can skip and pause. in the android app

recorded tv

hd plays back transcoded, both audio tracks and both subtitles show up and the correct one plays but you cannot change or enable subtitles. you can pause but skipping brings you back to the beginning of the recording. some playback just ends after a few seconds. no idea if this really matters, i'm not a massive audiophile but this should have DD2 soundtrack and this is delivered to the AVR in kodi but PCM in the android app

sd http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32708-43-in-1161g/

live tv

hd never starts, spinning circle. can see subtitle and audio options but playback never starts 

sd plays, nice picture but no audio.  i can see that the wrong audio track is checked but i can't change it for the same reasons as above

sorry for being a pain and i know you are busy but i'm just really keen to get an emby app that works with live tv so i can get it on my main tv and lose kodi. cheers

Spaceboy

so in the absence of any dev help i've dropped £220 on a Nvidia Shield to see if this solves some of the problems. arrives today but my hopes are not high. at least i can play some games instead of watching the endless spinning emby circle of death

• 8 months later...

Hi @@Spaceboy

The latest beta version of the Emby app offers improved playback, refresh rate switching, and all the HD Audio pass-through you need. Check out the beta thread for more details:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42239-android-tv-beta-13x/

We think you'll enjoy the next update to the stable channel. Thanks !

• 2 months later...
Spaceboy

Hi @@Spaceboy

The latest beta version of the Emby app offers improved playback, refresh rate switching, and all the HD Audio pass-through you need. Check out the beta thread for more details:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42239-android-tv-beta-13x/

We think you'll enjoy the next update to the stable channel. Thanks !

and this