BUG: Splash screen doesn't fade on first launch

agraves

This is an annoying little bug that cropped up in one of the later 1080p betas and seems to have been retained into the stable release.

TV - H model

Server: latest stable windows

Client 2.1.2 Stable

On the first launch of the app after turning the TV on, the "splash screen" sticks around, only fading out about 50%.  I've attached screen shots to illustrate.  If I hit "Exit" then re-launch it, everything is fine after that.  This made it REALLY difficult to enter the server IP address the first time after installing the latest version as I had to do it mostly by "feel" because the splash screen really obscured the setting dialog

56c7b46a57496_0219161823_HDR.jpg56c7b65a25f8d_0219161825_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

SilentAssassin

I saw the same, but strangely only on two of my three H6400 TV's. I just backed out at the server details screen and relaunched and then the server ip screen was OK.

It's definitely some sort of "first-launch/initialization" bug, but it's consistent, and happens every time, the first time I open Emby after I turn the TV on.  I don't leave my TV on all the time, but I suppose if I did I wouldn't see this.  I also notice that it takes a lot longer for the app to launch the first time, so I guess it's possible I am just not waiting long enough for whatever frameworks these smart TV apps run inside of to be completely ready.  I just did an experiment and turned on the TV then waited 10 minutes before trying to launch Emby.  Interestingly enough, the app launched very quickly, like it usually does the second time, The weird thing is, at first I thought the splash screen bug didn't happen, but then I realized it WAS still there, just really, REALLY faint, it looked like a water-mark, which is how it happened the first time I noticed it in 2.1.2, it looked like what you'd see on an old CRT with a burnt-in image.  Well, for what it's worth, this is an AMAZING app and if I have to live with this one little annoyance, it's still hands-down my favorite TV app.

Thanks for all the hard work

SilentAssassin

Just loaded up 2.1.3 and because I have a H series I have to start afresh with the settings, this time the splash screen faded away to fully reveal the server details screen.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great reports and testing. I don't have an H-Series and the software emulator does not always reflect reality very well.

Do you guys see the problem with the on screen keypad and its bottom task bar being transparent? I've not got a working theory on that yet but it's been like it since the very first 2.x version for some people.

Perhaps I'll start a new thread.