BUG: When movie runs all the way to the end, App crashes

mcpllabelle

mcpllabelle

So here's a weird one.

When I let a movie play right to the end (Pass the credits) the app deosn't return to the movie screen, screen geos black and a TV restart is required.

Cheers!

SAMSUNG F Model

App version 2.1.2 stable

Edit: Emby server is the latest stable release.

Edited by mcpllabelle
  • Like 1

FrostByte

I've seen this also, but not all the time and not always with the same movie.  I've noticed I can lock up the app and TV sometimes also when just navigating around checking out different menus.  Rebooting the tv is the only way out

Edited by FrostByte

mcpllabelle

I've seen this also, but not all the time and not always with the same movie. I've noticed I can lock up the app and TV sometimes also when just navigating around checking out different menus. Rebooting the tv is the only way out

I second that!

Same exact observations here.

Cheers!

Edited by mcpllabelle

I think this might be when you play a video playlist (which includes use of cinema mode). When the last item finishes it does not return to the app. Just a hypothesis. Try making a playlist with a few short clips.

It definitely appears to be playlist related.  I have had this problem for a while, it was definitely present in the BETA before 2.1.2 went "stable" and I believe it also happened in the previous stable version, and nothing in the last several version of the server has changed it either.

I am on latest stable windows server, H model TV, and if I don't hit "return" before the very end of the last item in a playlist, the app freezes with a black TV screen and the only resolution is to either hit "Source" or "Power".

mcpllabelle

It definitely appears to be playlist related. I have had this problem for a while, it was definitely present in the BETA before 2.1.2 went "stable" and I believe it also happened in the previous stable version, and nothing in the last several version of the server has changed it either.

I am on latest stable windows server, H model TV, and if I don't hit "return" before the very end of the last item in a playlist, the app freezes with a black TV screen and the only resolution is to either hit "Source" or "Power".

I agree...its exactly whats happening here as well.

Yup. I think this is probably just a little bug that's been around for a long time but the addition of cinema mode has highlighted it. Should be an easy fix I hope.

Not uncommon. Indexed lists start at zero so when you compare it to the number of items you have to be a bit careful.