Direct play if there is a supported audio track that isn't default.

heksesang

heksesang

Currently it seems that if a file contains more than one audio track, where some have natively supported formats and some not, it will always transcode if the default track is one with a non-supported format. The behaviour I'd like to see in such a case is that it rather direct plays with one of the non-default supported audio tracks.

Would this be possible to do?

Currently it seems that if a file contains more than one audio track, where some have natively supported formats and some not, it will always transcode if the default track is one with a non-supported format. The behaviour I'd like to see in such a case is that it rather direct plays with one of the non-default supported audio tracks.

Would this be possible to do?

The issue I'd have in a case like this is when the alternate audio tracks are not of the main movie, but from the extras, like a director's comments track. I typically include those in my encodes.

Would be great to avoid unnecessary transcoding when the alternate compatible track is selected, but I don't know if it should default to that behavior due the mere presence of a compatible non-default track. It would definitely need to be a user selectable option.

CFC

Edited by CFC

heksesang

The issue I'd have in a case like this is when the alternate audio tracks are not of the main movie, but from the extras, like a director's comments track. I typically include those in my encodes.

Would be great to avoid unnecessary transcoding when the alternate compatible track is selected, but I don't know if it should default to that behavior due the mere presence of a compatible non-default track. It would definitely need to be a user selectable option.

CFC

True, I did not think of that. And I guess it's not possible to set multiple default tracks, so one could have had a default track for each format.