Question about shared metadata folder

haeffnkr

Happy2Play

I think you will have to post a server log of the server that is having issues, since all the servers are independent when it comes to metadata. 

Tharnax

Okay, I'll work posting logs but just to clarify there was only ever one server with the issue.

Are you just wanting a current log?  I assume I won't be able to find the log when the posters went missing.

Happy2Play

Logs are kept for 3 days unless you modded the option.  But a current log may show something.

• Like 1

Tharnax

@@Happy2Play and @@Luke - I've attached all available server logs.  Let me know when you've captured what you need and I can remove the link.  If you need more recent logs let me know but this was everything available.

Happy2Play

@@Luke, Since this is a old/legacy install could the changes/removal of the legacy configs cause this? 

@@Tharnax, you will have to manually remove this from your system.xml  (%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\config)

Obsolete "ItemsByNamePath":"D:\\ServerFolders\\MB3 Metadata\\Images by Name"   Everything merged to this path "MetadataPath":"D:\\ServerFolders\\MB3 Metadata\\FanArt"

Tharnax

Sorry, guys..... in plain English what do I need to do?  

EDIT:

The Fan Art appears to be a dogs breakfast of folders, where as the Images By Name folder appears to be nicely laid out.

FanArt:

0a

0b

0c

ff

library

People

views

Images By Name folders:

Arists

channels

GameGenre

Genre

MusicGenre

People

Studio

views

Year

How best do I go about merging?  Just cut and paste those Images By Name folders or is that just going to screw things up more?

Edited by Tharnax

Happy2Play

Yes, just cut and paste all the folders from your Images By Name folder to your Fanart folder.  For your Fanart/metadata folder you have 2 digit/letter folders and a library folder, they are the same, the library folder is the current method of storing the metadata.  You may need to delete or move the 2 digit/letter folder into library folder.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Tharnax

@@Happy2Play - Thank you very much for your input/feedback/assistance.  It took me a while to consolidate all the folders but once I did most of my poster images returned.  There were the few odd ones which I still had to manually refresh but it still saved my from manually refreshing over 1000+ movies.  It also saved me more than a few gigabytes worth of data as it appeared I had the same metadata info in multiple folders.

• 5 weeks later...
haeffnkr

I am still having the issue....what is the fix?

I am doing nothing other than the defaul setup and settings.

haeffnkr

Happy2Play

I am still having the issue....what is the fix?

I am doing nothing other than the defaul setup and settings.

haeffnkr

Can you post a server log.  All you previous one require access permissions.