Search bug with accented chars

anderbytes

anderbytes

This is a very easy issue to reproduce.

When trying to search for media in my libraries (using the superior search bar), I noticed that if the media has accented chars (á, é, õ, í, ú...etc...) in it... it is not found by the search.

When I start to type the common chars (non-accented), the media I need found appears at the dynamic-filtered list. But at the exact moment I type the accented char, he removes the item from the found list.

Ex: I have a media named "Tritões". Until "trit" everything is OK, but when I type "õ" it disappears.. as he doesn't recognize it as part of the name of media.

Thanks

anderbytes

Yup, thanks. Known issue for now.

As long as it doesn't fall in a "Limbo" backlog, I'm happy  :-)

Now that I'm a supporter, I'm even more interested in helping improve this wonderful app.

• 2 months later...
anderbytes

Thank you, and no, it's not in limbo :)

I have some information on this issue.

Today I managed to run a manual query using sqlite3 inside library.db , trying to reproduce the query seen in https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/blob/445eba31a495b96c663245348e000b264105475a/MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations/Persistence/SqliteItemRepository.cs#L1999

Example: SELECT Name from TypedBaseItems where Name like "%polícia%";

Result: using acccented char in a query returned the correct items in the sqlite console!

So... can you please take a look whether the correct chars are passed to line 1999 inside the parameter?

As the sqlite manages to understand my query , I assume that the db structure and data written in db are OK, but the command mounted in cmd.CommandText in the code is somehow corrupted when accented chars are used.