Collections Folder

moviefan
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

I assume Show Movie Sub-Views ?  I enabled this and nothing changed.

I did the same for Show TV Sub-Views and nothing changed.

I also enabled Show Folders View and Show Collections View and these added new items in the top level view.

UPDATE: Disregard above, I did not have Enable Enhanced Presentations for(Movies) selected under View Styles in Home Screen Settings.

I can now see Favorites along with some other folders/items I do not like, but will work around these.

Edited by Tester

Question 1:  Now that I enabled Movie SubViews, I lost my original icon artwork for the Movie item.  Server Media Library still shows original icon.

56c281f85f060_Untitled.jpg

Question 2:  Is there a way to control what is shown when Movie SubViews is enabled ? 

Question 3:  How do I add icon artwork for these new items ?  Same as done with other items ?

Unfortunately the second level views have never made it into the web interface for customization, so we don't really have a procedure for that at the moment.  there are some who have figured out the directory locations to change the images but it's not an easy thing to discover.

moviefan

Okay so I found the sub-views option and tried enabling it.  But this doesn't allow me to setup my system as I had it before.

I want my EHS to display the folders the I have setup independently plus a Movies by Genre folder.

Enabling sub-views causes there to be all of the sub views listed under each folder that has movies which is not something I want.

I did notice that in version 299 of Emby for WMC it has the option to deselect "Collections" but only if legacy browsing is disabled.  As soon as it is enabled, I can no longer unselect it.

Also, can anyone confirm if the "Collections" view works for them?  I still have the same issue with it showing recently added items but nothing when I click into it.

Edited by moviefan

AdrianW

Also, can anyone confirm if the "Collections" view works for them?  I still have the same issue with it showing recently added items but nothing when I click into it.

Collections shows recent collections (including boxsets) on the EHS but when I enter it I only see my manually created collections of TV series (via "Add to Collection" in the WebUI) - this is exactly what I want. I'd be most upset if it started showing all my boxset collections.

My Question 1 above still stands, now that I enabled Movies sub views I lost my original Movie Icon artwork, is there a way to get it back ?

ebr.. yes, this is exactly where I have them and they have always been used until I just enabled Movie SubViews.  Now I get the new artwork shown in the screenshot I posted above.

Is there a way to revert to the images used in [metadatapath]\general\[exactfoldername]\ ??

I think this is the answer at the moment:

Unfortunately the second level views have never made it into the web interface for customization, so we don't really have a procedure for that at the moment.  there are some who have figured out the directory locations to change the images but it's not an easy thing to discover.

That is incorrect, my question is in regards to the top level view ( Movies in my case ), not sub views.  

I think this happened once I enabled Enable Enhanced Presentations for Movies, that is when I noticed that the original artwork changed.

Please look closely at the screenshot in threat #28 (sorry about the size, I can upload a bigger version later today).   The web interface shows the original icon artwork while EMC top level view shows what seems to be an enhanced artwork.

Edited by Tester

Ian-Highlander

Are you logging into EMC as the same user? Not sure with the latest version as I haven't upgraded to it yet, but historically the images are all user specific, I got into the habit of logging into the web interface as each user and setting the images in there so that EMC showed the correct images.

I am on latest beta 3.0.5880.0, EMC 3.0.292.0

299 is the latest release of EMC although I'm not positive that is going to affect this.

moviefan

Another thing I've noticed is that the images for the Movies By Genre folder no longer work either.

I used to have a backdrop and folder image in the ImagesByName\General\Movies By Genre folder but this no longer works now.  No folder or backdrop image is shown.

And yet another weird thing with images....after toggling legacy browsing off and then back on the images for the Genres switched from using the folder.jpg files I had in all of the genre folders to the Thumb.jpg images even though Poster view is selected.  I don't really like these ones as much for this screen in Emby for WMC since the text is much smaller and not as easily readable from 10ft away.  Is there any way to switch this back without changing all of the files themselves?

@@Ian-Highlander.. yes, logged in with same user

@@ebr.. upgraded to 299 and same results as expected

@@moviefan.. yes, am having the same exact issue.  If I browse movie by genre, I am able to see my artwork.

However, if I use Movie By Genre in the collections I no longer see my artwork.  

See image below, left side is Movies grouped by Genre... Right side is Collections Movie By Genre

56c670cdb40df_Untitled.png

moviefan

One update on my end.... I am not sure if this is related to one of the recent updates or just the fact that I had a storage issue and had to copy all of my data off of my primary NAS volume and rebuild it and copy everything back, but the Collections folder in Emby for WMC is now at least functional.  I can actually click into the selections now and it shows the movies within.

Edited by moviefan

moviefan

@@Luke can you confirm if there was a change made in one of the last updates for this?

If not, it might point to a fix for others having the same problem....   I've done a few updates over the past few days as I've been handling the storage migration so I am not sure which one fixed the issue for me.

moviefan

Okay thanks.

@@Tester - I am not sure if your problem is just the collections folder showing up or if its also not working like mine was but probably one way to replicate what I did is just to delete the paths from your Media Libraries, do a scan, then add it back and do another scan to force Emby to reindex the collections.

Edited by moviefan

Scallica

I am having the same issue. I am using EMC build 299 and server 3.0.5871.0 using the Chocolate theme and legacy browsing.

I noticed the Collections folder appeared on my home screen in the previous server build, so I went into my profile settings (in the server's web interface) and unchecked the option to display the Collections folder. The Collections folder disappeared as desired. However, the Collections folder has re-appeared in the latest version of the server, and the option is is still unchecked in the profile settings.

Disabling legacy browsing removes the collections folder, but then my custom home screen wallpaper disappears. I had to add a "backdrop" image to every folder.

Edited by Scallica