Collections Folder

moviefan
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Having the same issue with the collection folder popping up in emby for wmc.  I don't see it in my profile (in server's web interface) under libary to disable it.

I also use legacy browsing for grouping by genre.

Can't the collections folder be surpressed? 

thanks,

-SR-

Sometime this week I will be looking at trying to adjust EMC so that you guys can get what you want without using legacy browsing because, going forward, just more things are going to break with that option.

• Solution

Please try version .301 (it is a dev version).  It moves the favorites and movies by genre options out of only in legacy browsing mode.

Thanks.

• Like 1

moviefan

Hey ebr.  Sorry I had a late night last nigh!!

I tested it out this morning and it is looking good.

Thanks for your efforts.

56cf6d7fe78d4_mb.png

moviefan

One thing that I did actually also notice now is that I was confuse the other day when I said that Collections works for me after the re-index I did over the weekend.

My current situation, if I DO enable the collections folder, is that it shows Recently Added Items properly - and I can click into those and play the files normally directly from the EHS.  This is what worked for me over the weekend and had me thinking everything was working.

If I click into the Collections folder however there are no items.  I assume this is because this points to the folder where Emby normally creates the collection pointers and since I am doing the manual collection method this folder doesn't exist.

Pete Mazz

Please try version .301 (it is a dev version).  It moves the favorites and movies by genre options out of only in legacy browsing mode.

Thanks.

I've searched the Forums using "dev build 301" and came up empty. Latest I see in Dev builds is 282.

If I click into the Collections folder however there are no items.  I assume this is because this points to the folder where Emby normally creates the collection pointers and since I am doing the manual collection method this folder doesn't exist.

Yeah, the old physical box set method is not going to work everywhere.

I've searched the Forums using "dev build 301" and came up empty. Latest I see in Dev builds is 282.

In the config page of EMC go to Advanced and change your update level to dev.  Then check for an update.

Hey guys, sorry I have not responded.. been out of town and now catching up.

Unfortunately, I still have 2 issues as noted in post 28 & 44.

Server 3.0.5892.0 & EMC 3.0.301.0

EMC -> View Options -> Top Level Views -> Show Movie Sub-views Enabled ( I Disabled Show Favorites Folder since this is now a Movie sub-view and I prefer it there)

EMC -> Legacy Browsing -> Use Legacy Disabled

Per post 28, anytime I enable Movie Sub-views the artwork switches to the Enhanced icon regardless what is shown on the web interface

Per post 44, I do not see the genre artwork for the sub-view Genre.  But I can see it if I group the Movies Sub-Views by Genre

@@moviefan, I tried deleting the libraries, added back and then scanned.  At first launch the top level Movie folder reverted back to my artwork, but later switched back to enhanced view.

Another issue I have found.  In the Movie Sub-view, the Favorites is not working in real time as it does if Enabled at the Top Level View ( now EMC->View Options-> Show Favorites Folder).

When a movie is added, I have to quite out of EMC for the movie to be added.  Same when removing a movie.

Lastly, sub-views artwork can be added like any other view. I have added icons to Resume, Favorites, Movies and Genre by simply adding them to \metadata\general

Tester

Should I split these 3 issues up and post them individually ?  Especially since they really not completely related to the original topic.

Yeah, please wait for the next dev release and then post items that are still a problem.  Thanks.