Foreign metadata download not honoring global settings

anderbytes

anderbytes

Hello devs,

In another thread I suggested creating a "priority ordert" about foreign metadata download. So choosing several in priority order instead of one, in case it doesn't find as the first choice.

Besides that, I think I bumped into a bug here.

My global settings are set to download metadata as "Portuguese" language and "Brazil" as country.

If I just configure in this screen (global), it doesn't matter if I put Portuguese or Portuguese (Brazil). It just doesn't works.

How do I know that it should ever work?

When I set those same languages in the MOVIE metadata, not globally, it refreshes and downloads just fine my foreign language.

Very strange.

Can anyone take a look at this?

Thanks

Hi, we're happy to help, but there's no way we can diagnose "doesn't work". In order for us to best help you, please see how to report a problem.

Of particular importance:

Describe the problem in your own words, including what you're trying to accomplish, and where you're getting stuck. Please mention some specific examples.
Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. When you attach the log, please also discuss what actions you took, and what the results were.

anderbytes

Hi, we're happy to help, but there's no way we can diagnose "doesn't work". In order for us to best help you, please see how to report a problem.

Of particular importance:

Describe the problem in your own words, including what you're trying to accomplish, and where you're getting stuck. Please mention some specific examples.
Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. When you attach the log, please also discuss what actions you took, and what the results were.

Ok will do that. But before.... I have something new to report.

I've just noticed that after global settings configured, If I get into the movie and manually "UPDATE" and choosing "only missing data" or "update everything" ... the foreign metadata COMES IN as it should, without setting anything specifically for that movie.

So what I understand is: none of the "Scheduled Tasks" does the job that "UPDATE" button does inside a movie metadata.

Can I suggest to create a "UPDATE ALL METADATA" task in scheduled tasks?

After your answer to the above.... If you still need my server logs, I'll be happy to get it.

This is expected behavior. Most users don't want their metadata touched so that's why we don't do it automatically after making the change. But we can add a message to inform the user about that.

Happy2Play

Ok will do that. But before.... I have something new to report.

I've just noticed that after global settings configured, If I get into the movie and manually "UPDATE" and choosing "only missing data" or "update everything" ... the foreign metadata COMES IN as it should, without setting anything specifically for that movie.

So what I understand is: none of the "Scheduled Tasks" does the job that "UPDATE" button does inside a movie metadata.

Can I suggest to create a "UPDATE ALL METADATA" task in scheduled tasks?

After your answer to the above.... If you still need my server logs, I'll be happy to get it.

You can do this with a library level refresh, if you want all you metadata changed.

anderbytes

This is expected behavior. Most users don't want their metadata touched so that's why we don't do it automatically after making the change. But we can add a message to inform the user about that.

happy2play gave me a tip that actually worked OK.

Thanks

You can do this with a library level refresh, if you want all you metadata changed.

Pal, that did the trick.

It is still some manual bothering but better than doing it one-by-one.

Thanks

EDIT: Luke, when I UPDATE something manually like a big library, I can't tell if it is done or not... there's just a circle spinning in the middle of the screen, forever...  :-/

Edited by anderbytes

Happy2Play

Unfortunately there is no way to know.  I just check the log and see if it is still processing media.

Edited by Happy2Play

yea they get added to a queue internally. at some point in the future we'll expose that queue in the UI so that you can see what's going on.

EDIT: Luke, when I UPDATE something manually like a big library, I can't tell if it is done or not... there's just a circle spinning in the middle of the screen, forever...  :-/

yea they get added to a queue internally. at some point in the future we'll expose that queue in the UI so that you can see what's going on.

Yes, a request for FR been made in the past:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26712-fr-web-client-change-the-indication-for-busy-at-metadata-as-well-add-it-to-the-task-manager/

anderbytes

Thanks for the patience. I'm looking forward this.

Good idea.