File shows in Emby IOS app but not in Kodi

pcgirl

Weird one here....so I downloaded the Live Grease TV show that was on last weekend and it is in my TV Shows directory on my server.  I can see the show when I use Emby on my Ipad or in the browser when I look on my Windows PC but for some reason it doesn't show in Kodi.  Any ideas why?  I have checked two kodi machines and both don't display the show.

Angelblue05

Which version of the add-on are you running? If you go to the metadata manager, and press save on the item you've added, does it then appear in Kodi?

Next time you see it happen, please post your Kodi log, otherwise it's just a guessing game and ain't nobody got time for that. :) Let me know if the save in the metadata manager helps. Otherwise post your Kodi log from that time, so I can see why the content is not being added. If you are using version 1.1.62 (stable) you can give beta a try (it will require a reset of the database), many improvements have been done in the syncing area.

See here for future reference: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Edited by Angelblue05

It is Emby 1.1.62.  I have attached the log in this post.  What I did notice is that it doesn't show up when Watched Shows are hidden but it shows up when Watched Shows aren't hidden even though it shows an unwatched symbol by it.  It has never been watched.  Also, when I click on it, there isn't a file in the directory. But there is definitely a file in the directory on the server. kodi.log

Edited by pcgirl
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

So if I understand correctly, the episode is in Kodi, but it only displays when you don't hide watched content. But the real issue is that you've never watched the content, so why is it marked as watched? Is it possible you were affected by the server bug that marked upcoming episodes as watched and that's why the episode automatically was marked as watched? Does it do this for all your content? The log didn't show much, it just showed that the episode was marked as watched.

No, the other TV shows seem OK.  Even thought the TV show does show up when I uncheck "Hide Watched", the actual file still doesn't show when I click on the TV Shows Directory.  It is blank even though there is a .mkv file in that directory.  Also, even though the TV Shows directory only shows up when unhide watched is selected, it still has the unwatched symbol beside it.  I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that this is a one only show.  Meaning, it doesn't have any seasons or episodes.  Maybe kodi doesn't know what to do with it?

OK, I did get this to work.  It does have to do with the show being a one only show.  I had to setup a Season 01 and Episode 1 in the Metadata.  Once I did that, it is showing up and I can play it now.  :)  So, if this happens to anybody else, check the metadata and make sure that it has season and episode info.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yeah, I changed the logic in the beta version where it will use a default season if the information is missing in the metadata manager (season -1, to make sure it doesn't interfere with anything else) . So needing to enter a season number is only a requirement for stable 1.1.62 (of course, you'll always have the better behavior if you do have the season number in the metadata manager in either version).

Edited by Angelblue05