Video : no default video index found use first video index : 0

rinn2883
Go to solution Solved by rinn2883,

FrostByte

Just tried and 21 Jump Street is "Direct Playing" for me just fine using the latest version of the app and Windows beta server. 

Once I get that other file we'll try to figure out what the difference is with the files that work and the ones that don't and all the differences with your setup and mine.  If you get the chance and try remuxing one of the broke files to mkv to see if that helps (only take 30 seconds to remux using MKVToolNix) then we can maybe narrow the problem from there.

FrostByte

When you click the info button on your remote while watching movies it will tell you if the file is Direct Playing or Transcoding.  You can see the same in the log file afterward

Edit: this is what I would have expected since you said it played fine from usb

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Can you check if all the MP4 files which don't play have an overall bit rate mode of Variable?  The two you posted that aren't working are both variable and the one you said is working is not variable.  Btw: all 3 are working for me

56b82c5b9b9b1_bitrate.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

rinn2883

I found some files with "overal bit rate mode : variable" that did work. 

I did notice something. When i'm in the movie menu, select a movie, in the bottom left corner there is information about the file for example: xmp4, 2.35 :1 AAC , HD720 , 2.0 audio , H264 

I found that all the movies that don't play just list : xmp4,mkv etc (so only the container).

All the movies that play show a lot more information. So when the movie shows all info i'm already 99% that it will play

rinn2883

Another problem did present itself while i was testing some files.

When i stopped playing AVI files i sometimes got a blackscreen and i had to turn off/on the tv.

But nothing is showing up in the log about this.

Playback : stopped by user

Playback : stopping

Loading : GuiDisplay_series:retrievedDataFromServer:Time3195ms

Loading : GuiDisplay_Series:User Control : Time 4078ms

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rinn2883

Like i said it has something to do with the information showing in the bottom left corner. I deleted a movie that was not playing and added it again without changing anything but this time it showed all the information and played.

Then i went into the metadata manager and refreshed a file that was not playing. Again it showed more information in the app and played.

Now i'm resfreshing my entire library from the metadata manager ( scanning it again from the librabry screen in the server did not help).

Will report back later and i will also try and pinpoint the problem with the blackscreen.

• Solution
rinn2883

seems to be fixed by refreshing my libraries. have not been able to locate why sometimes avi gives a black screen.
Either way thx everybody for looking into it

• Like 2

I've followed this thread with interest. While the issue seems to have been that the server did not have enough information to tell the Samsung Client what to do with the file, it sounds like some other clients handle the issue better. I'll bare this in mind and wonder if there is any improvement that we might make.

• Like 1