Video : no default video index found use first video index : 0

rinn2883
Go to solution Solved by rinn2883,

rinn2883

hello

I have a UE40D6200. Installed the app today without problems.

Was able to log in without problems. The app displayed the libraries without problems.

But i got the same problem as this thread : http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27326-direct-stream-on-es5500/

I decided to make a new thread since another user also had the same problem in the old thread.

The weird thing is i can play some movies while with others the app freezes on the loading screen. Same thing for tv-shows.

I cant give anymore input while its showing loading except for "return" which exits the app completely.

When i check the log : 

Video : no default video index found use first video index : 0

I dont know if this is relevant but the things that play seem to give more information about the file in left bottom corner. Like audio 1080p..
While others just say mpeg4.

Also important to note, playback works on :

browser

emby for kodi on tablet and phone (but did have to change settings to use http instead of smb, still trying to figure that out)

emby for kodi on rasberry pi 2 (but did have to change settings to use http instead of smb)

I'm using an intel nuc5i5ryh as server, so my server is powerfull enough for any transcoding needs. So i don't think thats the problem?

Could somebody explain the error more clearly, cause now i don't even understand what the error means.

On another note :  I wanted to complement all the emby developers for their great work on this awesome project!!

grtz

FrostByte

Do you have the program mediainfo?  Can you post a copy of the output?  I believe it's saying there is no video track defined as default.  Is your nuc running some flavor of unix or Windows? 

56abf23bb63c7_index.jpg

rinn2883

Dont have mediainfo, but i will look it up and try to post the info that you need.

My nuc is running ubuntu server 14.04

Edit: been awake for 22 hours, need sleep  :) Will look into it tomorrow.

Edited by rinn2883
  • Like 1

rinn2883

Ok got the info you need.

Tried some other things.

1) Playing with dlna 

The movies that play in the app also play with dlna.

The movies that don't play, don't play with dlna and gives the error "does not support file type".
   But when i put the movie on a usb drive it plays the movie  :huh:

I have no clue what the problem might be.

Spectre and bridge of spies  work. 300 and Rambo II don't work with dlna and app but do work if i play from a usb stick.

300.txt

RamboFirstBloodPartII.txt

Spectre.txt

BridgeOfSpies.txt

Edited by rinn2883

FrostByte

That really doesn't look like an error messge (or at least not a very good one :) ).  It's just saying there was no internal video file marked as default (not sure if you can mark video default in an avi like you can mkv files) so it's using the video marked at index 0 which is what you want because the only video in your file is the one at Index 0. 

If it's playing your file from USB then it should play in the app also, so somethings wrong.  I don't see anything in the mediainfo that Samsung doesn't support either.

Are there any other error messages in the Samsung app log on the TV, or in the Server log?

//If there was no default video track use first one

if (videoIndex == -1) {

videoIndex = videoStreamIfNoDefault;

FileLog.write("Video : No Default Video Index Found - Use First Video Index : " + videoIndex);

}

rinn2883

Damn im going away for a week so during that time i cant give you anymore info and currently have to go.

I will try and post the full content of the log when i get back and before i leave.

rinn2883

K this is the complete log everytime from scratch.

I couldn't get a clean log file from the server cause dad uploaded episodes while i was doing tests  :rolleyes:  and i really need to leave now.

I will try and keep checking the thread this week but i won't be able to provide more information.

Will post a server log as soon as i get back.

log.txt

CBers

I would suggest re-authoring the videos that don't work, setting the required video as the default.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Have you noticed if it's just AVIs that don't work?  Seems like the one MP4 file worked

Edit: Trying to establish some kind of pattern between you and everyone else who has been having the same issue.  So far it seems like AVI files from non-Windows machines get that error, but not 100% sure that's it

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

When you get back you could try remixing one of  those that don't work into another container like CBers mentioned and/or provide a sample of a video that doesn't work and I can test it on my machine

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

rinn2883

The 300 file is mp4 and doesnt work. It also has an id set, i can always try remixig but since it plays in browser/kodi i think there is more at work.

FrostByte

Can you post the media info for the mp4 file that doesn't work?

There were some issues earlier with files playing fine on Windows servers, but not on others.  The issue there was mostly with subtitles and a fix was made.  Not saying that's is definitely the issue here, but it does appear that the people having issues the same as yours are all using something other than Windows for their servers.  

Just trying to nail down the issue so a fix can be made.  If it is a problem with the app a sample will definitely help to test

Hi, I had something similar with some mkv files. 

Then I noticed that my processor in my server could not handle some files. Re coding the files into another format helped eventually.   

Don't know if you got the same issue, but have you checked the processorload? (You can do this in your taskmanager.)

Edited by 1972
  • Like 1

rinn2883

As i said before All files play with http in browser and even remotely with kodi/emby for kodi so i dont think the only problem is the codec.

I will be back on monday. I will make some samples and look into the patch notes for the windows related issui.

I'm almost positive the default track error is a red herring, these look like container compliance issues tripping up the player.

Rambo is stored in an OpenDML (aka AVI2.0) container which can cause problems as described at http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/en_about_opendml.htmlThat it plays in Kodi doesn't mean anything because it's codebase contains workarounds for problems like this, Samsung's player is a little more basic.

300 was probably muxed with an old version of MP4Box (notice how it's Codec ID is different to that of Spectre and Bridge of Spies), again this standards compliance problem that will trip up less sophisticated players and tools but still play fine in with more advanced software like Kodi, VLC, Media Player Classic, mplayer etc.

CBers suggestion of remuxing both of them should make the problem disappear, I suggest using a recent build of mkvtoolnix.

Edited by OddbOd
  • Like 2

FrostByte

Agree, the error message is not very helpful.  However, he shouldn't really have to remux his files if they play just fine from usb the way they are now while using the built in Samsung media player.  If they play fine after being remuxed, if possible I would also still like a sample to see if we can figure out why this is happening for several people.

Edited by FrostByte

rinn2883

I'm home. Frostbyte how can i make and send the samples you need?
I know coding, but i don't have any experience in working with videos or codecs etc  :lol:

I will also try remuxing the files to see if it fixes the problems.

But as frostbyte stated i can play all the files directly from usb, so is it really a player problem?

(Also i have a rather large collection  ;) )

FrostByte

If you can post something to a media drive such as OneDrive or another that would be cool.  How big is the smallest file?  If it's too large try and find some program that will slice it.  Not sure if the OS still comes with a video editor or now

rinn2883

Not sure. I will look tomorrow if i can find some mkv files.
But most of my collection is mp4 (i would say 90%). Did the files work for you?

rinn2883

Not sure. I will look tomorrow if i can find some mkv files.
But most of my collection is mp4 (i would say 90%). Did the files work for you?