Won't download at all

HaloOfRed

HaloOfRed

I'm a current Plex user but would like to switch to Emby as it seems to far more features. I went to the website, downloaded the exe but when I launch it I get this: 

I checked the log file and this is what it had: 

The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [installMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.1.1 {version}
Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'
Read string value '4.5.51209'
Setting value '4.5.51209 {string}' for property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion'
The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)':
Property: [DotNet45Full_TargetVersion] = 4.5.51209 {string}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion' and value '4.5.50709': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697208'

I would love to switch to Embry but...it apparently hates me already :) Any help would be greatly appriciated. 

HaloOfRed

I've already read that post. Windows 7 does not have that option. That is a Windows Server option. If by chance W7 does have it then please direct me to a tutorial on how to turn it off because an exhaustive 2.5 hour search on Google gave me nothing except that it isn't a Windows 7 option. Nor am I on a domain-joined machine. 

"IE ESC only exists on Windows Server versions of Windows, not Windows 7. If you're seeing this on a Windows 7 machine, that usually means that someone has created an IE group policy from the IE Maintenance node on a Server-class OS, and thus imported all of the (unnecessary) IE ESC registry information from that machine." 

AdrianW

I'm only guessing here - but have you tried clearing your browser's cache or a different browser entirely and then try downloading again.

Edited by AdrianW

HaloOfRed

I've done everything mentioned in all posts here. :) 

However I did go into Internet Options and shut off protect mode and put the security level down to medium and that did the trick as far as allowing me to actually download anything. But now I'm getting an "application cannot start" error. Time for another forum search again. 

Make sure an anti-virus solution isn't causing issues.

As a last resort you can just unzip from the releases on Github as the server is pretty portable now.  Just make sure you get it in a place with proper permissions for the application to update itself.