Emby for Kodi - Running Sync - Performance

msavazzi

msavazzi

I'm trying to sync my library with Kodi but it takes really a lot. even more than a minute per each video.

I've even added the kodi sync plugin to make it better.

I have 6 libraries the first one was quite smooth, the second one deadlocked so badly.

I've enabled the copy of fanart etc... but when I run the same sync with artmanager or direct sync it requires just few minutes.

How can I check what's going on?

Edited by msavazzi

msavazzi

here you go.

My configuration is with 6 libraries.

When I posted the issue library 1 was already synced.

enabled log, closed emby

When I opened... it started to sync again library 1 :(

even if NOT change at all on server

M

kodi.zip

Angelblue05

Run a manual sync once (launch the emby add-on > manual sync), then restart Kodi and let me know if you still face the issue at start up. You had a lot of changes in your log (over 1000).

spootdev

Are you running a different skin like Titan?  I had huge performance problems syncing till I switched back to the base Kodi skin.

msavazzi

Run a manual sync once (launch the emby add-on > manual sync), then restart Kodi and let me know if you still face the issue at start up. You had a lot of changes in your log (over 1000).

I will try

Are you running a different skin like Titan?  I had huge performance problems syncing till I switched back to the base Kodi skin.

I use Aeon MQ, will check with basic.

So first test is with manual sync

then I will check manual sync on basic skin

msavazzi

I performed a full resync to check...

disabled plugin

disabled sync library at startup.

enabled info log, will post as soon as it finished

so far first library is going smooth...

second library slowed down a little bit... 

Angelblue05

Mind posting the latest log? In your previous log, your server produced a lot of updates, but why... What platform are you running your server on? You could always give beta a try. A lot has changed, especially in the syncing process to make it better, but it wouldn't resolve the reason why your server is updating a lot of items.

Edited by Angelblue05

xnappo

It could be there is a lot of unidentified library content.  That causes the server to constantly mark it as changed.

marcelveldt

It should really not make any difference what skin you're running. The sync process is entirely handled by the emby addon and not the skin.

spootdev

It should really not make any difference what skin you're running. The sync process is entirely handled by the emby addon and not the skin.

I know......but tell that to my HTPC.  

marcelveldt

I know......but tell that to my HTPC.  

Hmm, it might have been related to the bug we had a few betas back that was causing the progress dialog to fail. Let us know if it's now fine while running another skin. It should really not have any impact to the sync speed what skin you're using.

xnappo

If the library is getting updated, does the nextup widget etc constantly update too or something?

@@spootdev - is Titan fast if you don't have any widgets set up?

Edited by xnappo

marcelveldt

If the library is getting updated, does the nextup widget etc constantly update too or something?

@@spootdev - is Titan fast if you don't have any widgets set up?

No, only on a DB commit

spootdev

Well, I haven't played with it for awhile tbh.  Titan pissed me off for some other reasons too and I stopped using it.

It was weird....taking quite a few seconds per item.....but it would be faster if I was currently in the settings section.  :huh:

marcelveldt

Well, I haven't played with it for awhile tbh.  Titan pissed me off for some other reasons too and I stopped using it.

It was weird....taking quite a few seconds per item.....but it would be faster if I was currently in the settings section.  :huh:

In that case let me know why Titan pissed you off so I can improve it ;-)

msavazzi

Just an update:

1) the server is a QNAP

2) the library on the server is fully updated and no new content (it took 10+ hours :( opened another discussion on that)

3) attached the log

kodi.log

Edited by msavazzi

spootdev

In that case let me know why Titan pissed you off so I can improve it ;-)

Hehe, it was just a "work-flow" on browsing my media I guess.  It just rubbed me the wrong way for sumreason.   ^_^