No items to show after update to 3.0.100

cjb

When I open the Classic Browser I now cannot see any of the items (movies, tv, music, video, etc.) I get on the screen No Items to show.

When I look at the log I see the following errors:

Error in background processor. ( Exception.  Type=System.ArgumentNullException Msg=Value cannot be null. [n] Parameter name: first Src=System.Core Method=Concat Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Linq.Enumerable.Concat[TSource](IEnumerable`1 first,, IEnumerable`1 second) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.Entities.AggregateFolder.get_ActualChildren() [n]    at MediaBrowser.Library.BackgroundProcessor`1.WorkerThread() ),25,Child loader-Worker

How can I fix?

We timed out trying to talk to your server because it was in the middle of an initial library scan after updating the server version.

I just noticed we're not looking at the same things in the web client and MBC.  In the web client you are going into the special "Movies" view, not your movie collection (which is what you see in MBC).

What happens if you go into the Movie collection in the web client?  Also, make sure you are using the web client on the same machine as MBC, not the server.

Hi,

I think i have the same issue, but it look like this post too:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2453-movies-not-displayingshowing/

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1873-mbc-empty-collections/

I have 2 media library, Films and TV, with one UNC path each one, i have the problem only on one library Films (~1000 items).

I could browser items with html5 and with MBT:

11407059154_37bf850819_z.jpg

When i browse with MBC, it say no items:

11407150226_bf366ae5fd.jpg

But not in Movies By genres:

11407289613_a1c0193924_z.jpg

11407148386_9f72f0767d_z.jpg

I have tried to reinstall MBC without chocolate and trakt plugins (client side and server side), but i have the same issue. I have tried too, to recreate the library, but same issue.

This is my log files MBS and MBC:

MBS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6dvncadxzsrb4a/server-63522818276.log

MBC: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgr0kqshjmo2gym/MBClassic-161220130996b26a982d4fc594b7b0ef1b66f116.log

MBT is very good but need more dev for this moment, and i would like to conserve MBC for a moment.

Thanks for ur awesome work.

I've notice it too but after my post....

52af92e207e16_2013121700_53_07Films.png

MBS, MBC and the web client is on the same machine.

One think that i don't have say that, it was working good in the past, i have this issue since aproximatively 3 weeks.

jezzbennett

I have the very same issue. I can see all my collections in media browser classic with the exception of movies. I have roughly 800 movies (AVI and MP4 files) and it simply shows as "No items to show" or "0 | 0". I have all my movies in one main movie folder and have created a separate folder for box sets which is made up of shortcuts to movies in the main folder. All the box sets show fine in media browser classic and I can drill-down to and play movies. I have no plug-ins and only the chocolate theme.

I can see everything in the dashboard absolutely fine and they are on they same machine.

Needless to say, it all worked fine until about a week ago when I had to re-install the MB server.

Any pointers would be great.

Can you try changing your system update level in MBC to "Dev" and letting it install 102 and see if that makes a difference?  Thx.

Also, please post the server log that matches with that last MBC log.  I want to see how long it is actually taking the server to respond.  Thx.

jezzbennett

1st log file is from MBC with settings as before (Not changing system update level in MBC to "Dev").

2nd log file is from MBC with system update level in MBC to "Dev" and running 102.

I only have a media directory for box sets and movies. Box sets work perfectly but movies don't. 

PC is running Windows 8.1. 4.00 GB RAM

MBClassic-19122013e8d3946a612340dd9079b9768fa319f1.log

MBClassic-19122013d8d1f0eaaeef4a1da32a0dcc516f6fe3.log

Well, no timeout increase is going to help you.  It took your server 125 seconds (that's over two minutes) to retrieve that collection.

It appears the server was in the midst of a large update to your library as well with many requests being fired off to the internet providers.  Even so, that is an incredibly long time to get 1,000 items.

Are you sure there isn't an issue with your network or disc drives?

I have try in beta system level to recreate library:

- with different name "Films2" and same collection type "movies"

MBClassic-171220137a3476a5fe174a898461e405a99b7c8b.log

- with an other different name "Films3" and different collection type "General or mixed content"

MBClassic-171220135d3f2a2f02844eee940e91f82c839702.log

With the dev system level i have put my original library "Films" with collection type "movies"

Scan is not finish but this is the MBC logs:

MBClassic-18122013b84e7448eb1541559baf5ff6c5491f61.log

Unfortunately in all the case i have the same issue.

In all cases we are timing out trying to get the list from the server.  What are the specs of your server?  What is the network type?  And what is the server doing?  Is it in the middle of a library scan or other operation?

my server MBS/client MBC is the same machine it's a:

- windows seven 64bits sp1 with update

- intel core i5

- 4 go ram

My library is on a nas synology ds411+

The network betwen the nas and the server is a gigabyte network.

For this moment the server is at the end of a scan 92%, i don't know if there is something with this issue, but since few weeks the scan take ~45 minutes, make 5 minutes to go to ~90% and take 40 minutes to do the rest. Before it was very fast, not more than 10 minutes.

jezzbennett

I am currently at work but will post my log tonight. I have a Synology DS213 with Ethernet connection (via a switch) to the PC with the server software on.

@@jezzbennett I'd like to see your server log as well, but I suspect it is the same thing.  For whatever reason it is taking an inordinate amount of time for your server to retrieve the children of your movie collection.

I have 1090 movies but i have too 100 tv shows with 357 seasons and 5981 episodes. The transfert speed between the MBS and the nas is 50-70 Mbytes/s, and my internet connection is 16Mbits/s for download and 1Mbits/s for upload with a ping at 16ms. U talk about the MBS drive or the nas drives? I don't have problem with tv show in MBC, which are on the same nas.

I don't know if there is a link but i make my metadata with metabrowser 2.2.511, which make many files for a movie see this exemple:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6ctl9vwvcpyubd/2013-12-19%2019_52_19-Avatar%20%282009%29.png

But i have the same with TV shows.

Edited by vinoo

The TV shows will work better because of the layered and structured approach to them (Series/Season/Episode).  So we never have to get all 5,000 episodes at once.

Movies, however, are flat.  But still, something is wrong because it shouldn't take two minutes for the server to find 1,000 items.  My server delivers 400 movies in about 1/4 of a second.