Not having much luck here.

davidjacoby2k

davidjacoby2k

First let me say I've been using Media Servers since the days of GB-PVR and Mediaportal but I'm having a heck of a time getting Emby working correctly. I wanted something simple the wife can use but so far no dice.

1. My biggest issue is I'm not able to play my media from the server to the FireTV. I pretty much use handbrake and an old version of Nero(I know) for all my old dvd collections. I use a mp4 container with either mpeg4 or h264. These videos play fine in the android app vimu or vnc and they used to play in the Amazon Emby app but not any more since the end of year. When I press play I just get a spinning circle.

2. Is there a way to make the search show the full title? For example I have the collection of "The Wire" when I perform a search all I see is a bunch of the titles/episodes truncated.

3. If I change the Metadata on a movie will it revert back to what Emby used? "Better off Dead" is a classic example. Instead of the awesome movie with John Cusak, it shows up as some depressing looking movie about a woman in jail.  

I noticed this in the Server log. Perhaps this is the root of my issues?

016-01-18 21:56:19.3905 Error HttpServer: Error processing request for /emby/Videos/caf08f0821a01fc4420923f82f1470d5/stream.mp4?Static=true&mediaSourceId=caf08f0821a01fc4420923f82f1470d5&deviceId=28d997f8-6a2c-11fc-3598-290603984758&api_key=033a911ac30c492aa7ce36aa95ad3b53
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5786.0
Command line: C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

ServiceStack.HttpError
No Stack Trace Availabl

Hi, sorry to hear about your troubles. Can you provide more information on the playback issue, including the server and transcoding logs (if any). For info on how to do that, see:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

For #3 - after editing you may want to lock the item to prevent future changes, which you can do at the bottom of the editing page.

Thanks!