WMC Crashing on Wake from Sleep - Since Installing Emby

TheChris

TheChris

I just downloaded the latest server (3.0.5786.0) and WMC Classic Application on the weekend for my windows 7 Media Centre PC.

Since this installation every time I wake the Media Centre from sleep I get a black screen and WMC note that it is not responding. I have to then shut down WMC and start it again.

I will note that this is only now occurring. WMC did used to give me a black screen on wake but this only required pulling up the Task manager and WMC would go back to normal.

This updated version seems to be causing something new to happen.

Love Emby but my Pregnant partner is getting annoyed at the Black screen and restarting of media center so I would like to get this fixed.

AdrianW

Do you stay in Emby when putting the machine to sleep?

I always exit Emby back to the Media Center homescreen before putting it to sleep.

Wmc plug-ins have never operated well when put to sleep like that. A utility was created a long time ago due to this. I can't recall the name of it right now but it would shut down wmc on a sleep command and then bring it back up on wake. I always had that utility on my wmc machines.

• 5 months later...
throgmorton

I use this one, it works great - http://slicksolutions.eu/mst.shtml

Probably the same one ebr referred to.

I had the same problem with the black screen and although the link is out of date I managed to download the file and seems to work well.  I didn't see an option to have it jump into Emby right away, only the "default" start page (as emby is not one of the main options available).  Do you know of any hack to the program or WMC itself that will start Emby when the green button is pressed or eHome is restarted through the program?

dansblackcat

Glad you were able to find the file and get it working ok.

I just have it set to launch MCE on wake up.  There probably is a way to hack it to launch Emby but I've never looked into it.

Someone else here may have a solution for you.

throgmorton

Glad you were able to find the file and get it working ok.

I just have it set to launch MCE on wake up.  There probably is a way to hack it to launch Emby but I've never looked into it.

Someone else here may have a solution for you.

Maybe it stores the settings in the registry somewhere or maybe I can get it to launch the eshell.exe to a specific entry point to get it to go back into to Emby.  I will look some more....