android app to chromecast no DTS just DD

brobin10

brobin10

hello all,

i am streaming movies/tv shows from my android device to my chromecast which is plugged directly into my audio receiver.

dolby digital audio is auto detected for movies/tv shows that have dolby digital however my receiver doesn't detect DTS audio on movies/tv shows like emby theater does when trying to very same media.

what am i missing here?

thanks

Hi, welcome. Chromecast is not able to pass dts to your receiver therefore it has to be converted to a compatible format. That's why you don't see dts on your receiver.

brobin10

Understood.  Thanks for the prompt response.

If I picked up a roku device would that be able to use the emby app and pass dolby digital and DTS to my audio receiver?

thanks!

Yes, roku has support for 5.1 in both dolby and dts flavors.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

brobin10

Yes, roku has support for 5.1 in both dolby and dts flavors.

amazing!  is there anything i have to do on the emby server side of things in order to get both dolby and dts to work with emby + roku?

hopefully i just need to have the media ready to play

Not really anything special to do, no. So long as your equipment supports it the roku will passthrough. The roku is the simplest device to understand and use. Anybody can figure it out.

You can also use the forked blue neon app and gain additional features for advanced users.

See here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24151-theme-blue-neon-night/

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

brobin10

Not really anything special to do, no. So long as your equipment supports it the roku will passthrough. The roku is the simplest device to understand and use. Anybody can figure it out.

You can also use the forked blue neon app and gain additional features for advanced users.

See here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/24151-theme-blue-neon-night/

Good deal. Thanks again. I was just looking at the blue neon app

brobin10

happy to report that i picked up a roku 2 today from best buy to try everything out....loaded the emby channel and set stream to high enough to get dolbt/DTS output to my audio receiver

everything works fine for now!

thanks again for the help