Cannot play back the audio stream: the audio format is not supported.

pmac

@@tobias-tobin I've tried both methods you mentioned. On my PC before I reformatted, I had MBT and MBC installed, and had my LAV filters pre-installed (I had them in the x86 folder, as well as the x64 program files folder at different points in time) and had the same problem.

Post formatting, I installed MBT and followed the prompts and let MBT install LAV filters, as well as xy-VS Filter, and for a little while had no problems. Just recently I started getting the audio problem again, so I reinstalled LAV filters to the (x86) folder, and still had the problem. So I uninstalled MBIntros ( @@ebr ?) and the problem went away for some titles, but now I've got an "Error processing the request" for almost every title (TV or Movie) I try to play.

As of late, MBT and MBC is basically unusable to me, so I'm stuck selecting titles manually, or through the Web Server, or my Roku (Which seems to work excellent by the way :) ). I'd really love to be able to use MBT or MBC again though! The rest of my household has gone back to using Netflix over the past couple of days, apart from in the room where the Roku is connected.

EDIT: @@CBers , yes that guide is how I set up my filters before I reformatted, and had the same problem. Now I went with the install and forget method, to no avail...

Edited by pmac

CBers

EDIT: @@CBers , yes that guide is how I set up my filters before I reformatted, and had the same problem. Now I went with the install and forget method, to no avail...

Strange !!

I have MBC and MBT installed on one of my test PCs using LAV and it's working fine, but then I mainly have MKVs.

Is it all types of media you're having problems with, or only specific types ??

I haven't been able to narrow it down to a specific filetype, but almost all of mine are MKV's as well

EDIT: Uninstalled/Reinstalled LAV Filters, and xy-VSFilter, and for whatever reason it seems to be working fine now.

Only tested one title so far, and haven't seen how subtitles are working yet, since I went with the "no setup" method, I just let MBT install them, and haven't changed any of the settings.

Edited by pmac

tobias-tobin

@@pmac

Not sure if you want to dig this far, but might be interesting to throw procmon at all of this when you are having issues.  The question would be which to monitor, player pc or server.  Or both.  If you have not used procmon before it might seem a little strange but it records all process activity.  Basically you just open it and let it start recording.  Do whatever is causing an error and then click the lollipop looking icon to tell it to stop.  Then you need to filter the results.  Since sometimes you don't know exactly what process is at fault you don't want to only look at one, but there are many ways to filter.  Hell, save the log somewhere that I can download it and I will analyze it for you to see if I can find anything.  I only suggest this because if you just don't know what it is failing *sometimes* this tool can point you in the right direction.  Of course, the MB server logs are important too.  Just throwing this out there.