People images not downloading

zoula

Hi,

I have an issue with the People image that don't want to download.   I'm always running the latest beta version of the server.  I've add a scheduled task to scan the "People" when the server start.  

In the "People" folder I have some "actors" which cover maybe 10% of what it's supposed to be, and the "People" that are there only have the XML file no photos.

I know that some reported some problems with IMDB that is throttling download from their server.  The thing is that I have no difficulties to downloading all my database from them with 3th parties software (TMM).   So i see no problem with IMDB....

Like other I can "refresh" an actor one at the time and it download the picture in the right folder just like it should,  but I can't scan all my library manually like that.

I have some that download automatically. but they seems to be downloaded only if the actor was not there before.  So Tom Cruise won't appear but some obscure actor can....   I probably have a cross reference problem???  

It's been weeks now that I try to fix this issue.  I tried to erase all the "People" in the folder.  the only thing it does it's that pretty much all the actor that was there come back with the new scan, but again only 10% and only XML files....

would really like some help for this!!!!

Thank you

Zoula

server-63588526107.txt

• 6 months later...

For the next release and in the current beta, behavior is improved to help with this.

When scanning in new titles, even if you have existing metadata we'll still go out to the internet to try and pull in people information. 

Also, when opening individual person detail screens, there will be some on demand refreshing to attempt to fill in metadata for people that don't have any.