Emby slow with new items at start

MikeyMan

MikeyMan

Hi All,

I'm experiencing an issue lately.

When i start Emby from WMC, it takes quite some time before the new items are added.

In the past it was almost instantaneous.

When i manually update library, it seems quicker, but still not next-to-instant.

My media files are on a Synology NAS which is always on.

I run Emby from WMC on a Windows 7/Windows 10 HTPC. Autoupdate is set to auto. Setting it to yes does not resolve the issue.

Any idea where to start looking for a solution?

Edited by MikeyMan

MikeyMan

Just tested after a restart, it axtuallybtakes a few minutes (!) After pressing the update library button to fetch the new media. Don't see anything strange in the logs though.

Edit: Was looking at the wrong log. There's quite some errors, 164 to be exact.

The log is at: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/98a7dd2c6cd145baec88#file-emby-server-log

This is where i started the library update:

2016-01-15 09:08:40.2299 Info App: Queueing task RefreshMediaLibraryTask  
2016-01-15 09:08:40.2299 Info App: Executing Scan media library  
2016-01-15 09:08:40.2299 Info App: Validating media library  
2016-01-15 09:08:45.6124 Error ServerManager: SessionWebSocketListener failed processing WebSocket message Context   *** Error Report ***   Version: 3.0.5785.0   Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service  
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0  
Processor count: 4  
64-Bit OS: True  
64-Bit Process: False  
Program data path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server  
Application Path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe   Niet-herkende GUID-indeling.   System.FormatException   bij System.Guid.GuidResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument, String failureArgumentName, Exception innerException)   bij System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result)   bij System.Guid..ctor(String g)   bij MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.ReportNowViewingItem(String sessionId, String itemId)   bij MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionWebSocketListener.ProcessContextMessage(WebSocketMessageInfo message)   bij MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionWebSocketListener.ProcessMessage(WebSocketMessageInfo message)   bij MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerManager.ServerManager.<>c__DisplayClass3.<>c__DisplayClass5.<<ProcessWebSocketMessageReceived>b__2>d__7.MoveNext()    

Could that "Not recognized GUID-format" be the issue?

Also, i see the following:

2016-01-15 09:09:18.4819 Info ImageProcessor: Creating image collage and saving to C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\cache\temp\90651cacf5a74157be007832d2c42062.png  
2016-01-15 09:09:23.1251 Info ImageProcessor: Completed creation of image collage and saved to C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\cache\temp\90651cacf5a74157be007832d2c42062.png  
2016-01-15 09:09:23.1351 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 127.0.0.1. Time: 42929ms (slow). http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/Library/Refresh?format=Json

A 42000ms response from a local service is quite long.

Ín the rest of the log i see a lot of long delays.

Most common errors:

Error App: Error getting response from http://api.themoviedb.org
Error ProviderManager: MovieDbEpisodeImageProvider failed in GetImageInfos for type Episode

edit2: after further investigations, i've disabled the fanart. This sped up the library refresh from 7,5min to 1,5min

Edited by MikeyMan

ok, this is being improved for a future release. the workaround in the meantime is running a startup library scan which will load data into memory and make browsing quicker

MikeyMan

Ok, did you find anything in my logs?

It even seems it is not syncing at all without pressing the buttons.

Just added the scheduling to scan at start up.

Edited by MikeyMan

MikeyMan

Even a refresh at start up does not improve the situation. I still have to manually update for the new shows to be added :S

MikeyMan

Because otherwise it won't update the library. Had it on for an a long time yesterday, nothing happened. Until i pressed the update library Burton.

MikeyMan

Just noticed. Although i'be set the media library update at start, it now says that the last scan was done a day ago. Pc's been on for half an hour now.

• 4 weeks later...
MikeyMan

Any update on this? 

Topic title may not fully cover the issue, but i still have the same issue: the library won't update until i manually ask for it.

It seems that the last couple of updates have gone backwards on library scans. I know you're moving forward and something is most likely broken that needs some fixing in an update sometime soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
MikeyMan

I'm afraid not. The 'recent items' has been fixed with the last release. However, still no media update on startup.

Still have top manually update.

Who can I pay to solve this :P

MikeyMan

Would make sense if it did, but good question. Rarely use the web interface. I'll try and get back to you tomorrow.

MikeyMan

Just tried it. The web-interface has the same issue.

Once i manually force the dbase update all is well, but it will not by any means do it automatically.

• 3 weeks later...
MikeyMan

Still struggling with this issue. Did find out something. When i manually start the service (after update it won't start automatically), it updates right away.

dcook

Can you not set a scheduled task to have it scan your media library?  

I have mine set to scan every couple hours.

MikeyMan

Sure, could do that. But HTPC is usually turned off. So i'd still have to wait or manually update.

Apart from that; it used to work perfectly in the past. That's just frustrating.