The duplicate process did not exit

GB Utah

Windows Server 2012r2 Datacenter

Emby Server version 3.0.5785.0

Run server at startup is selected in Advanced

Basically, when Emby is told to restart either via the web interface (Chrome) or right click on the systray icon and select restart, it fails to restart 99.9% of the time. It must be manually restarted.

Rarely, best guestimate/swag, Emby will restart after an automatic update to Emby 10% of the time, if that.

Daily, swag again, Emby will execute start a new log file 99% of the time successfully.

To try to lend some feedback, I removed all of my plugins, scanned my library, ran a database cleanup, and rebooted the operating system.

1. Emby started successfully on reboot.

2. Used Chrome to try to restart through the web interface, had to be restarted manually.

3. Used Chrome to enable advanced->debug, try to restart through the web interface, had to be restarted manually.

4. Right click on the systray icon and select restart, had to be restarted manually.

Logs attached.

I've seen this reported in various threads over a fairly long period of time, but I haven't seen any resolution.

I don't recall when I first experienced this, but it has been for at least a few months. It is most evident when the server updates over night and I receive a phone call the next day that nobody can access the media server...

server-63588284140.txt

server-63588283979.txt

server-63588283763.txt

server-63588283635.txt

server-63588283567.txt

server-63588283410.txt

server-63588283191.txt

server-63588283035.txt

server-63588282816.txt

server-63588282091.txt

Happy2Play

The issue is the server process hangs/takes to long to exit and restart fails.  The issue is hard to isolate though, I have three servers  and they all act differently.  One it restart works randomly, another works all the time and the last never (manual upgrades).

jfarre20

The issue is the server process hangs/takes to long to exit and restart fails.  The issue is hard to isolate though, I have three servers  and they all act differently.  One it restart works randomly, another works all the time and the last never (manual upgrades).

I can pretty much mirror this exactly. I run 3 servers - two are fine, but one always hangs. I gave up trying to fix this long ago and just run it as a service and update manually.

Hence why I provided logs, with/without debug turned on.

I would think additional debug info could be added to track down the problem on problematic servers.