[FR-ET] Next Up for unwatched shows

puithove

puithove

Currently when browsing into a TV Show's info page, if there are any episodes of the show that have been watched, the NextUp episode is displayed right on the Show page.  I really like this for a couple reasons:  easy navigation, and a great way to avoid the issue of spoilers for future episodes.

If you have to browse into the episode list, you can see the thumbnails for future episodes.  This becomes an issue for certain types of shows as just seeing a person in the thumbnail might give something away.

Can the NextUp for a show be tweaked to show the first available episode for the show if no episodes are marked as watched?  I'm only talking about within the TV Show's info page, not in the NextUp list on the home screen.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
fraenhawk

Completely agree with this, although I would argue for customizable options to determine whether this applies to the home screen as well. In order to conserve server space, I periodically clear out watched episodes of shows I have no plans of keeping to rewatch. So in this scenario, if I just cleared out all the watched episodes of a season up to the first unwatched, I would still want that next episode to show up on the main screen.

I would want the series details screen to always show the next up episode like you said though. Even S01E01 is "next up" for a new show :)