Rating Update for Movies

olli77

• 2 weeks later...

Does Emby update the rating after a specifc time?

Or is it possible to create a task for Rating update like people refresh?

• 3 weeks later...

Bump... I'd love to see this feature for both Movies and TV shows + Episodes. In particular, if I add a TV episode shortly after it's airing the rating will almost certainly be 0. It'd be nice to have the rating for all movies/shows/episodes updated over time.

Edited by tret

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Wob76

I'll add my voice to this, some times movies or episodes will have an abnormally high rating, the rating levels out after time as more people vote, it would be nice to have the rating data refreshed by a scheduled task.

Thanks,

Wob

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
yukes33

Yes. It would be really usefull to have ratings up to date. Especially for TV shows.

A task, like the update of the actors, would be perfect.

computerprep

Could this become an advanced scheduled task?

Could have a task to "refresh metadata"

Inside, users could choose which libraries they want to refresh ave which metadata entries they want to refresh, in addition to when.

• Like 1

Castle1212

+1 From me as well.  An advanced task that could be run at an interval, say 30, 60, 90 days at a specific "off peak" time would be ideal.

Thanks for listening and working to keep us all happy. :) You folks are great!

bfir3

Could this become an advanced scheduled task?

Could have a task to "refresh metadata"

Inside, users could choose which libraries they want to refresh ave which metadata entries they want to refresh, in addition to when.

This is a great idea.

LiquidFX

Agreed, I use MCM to update my ratings right now and it would be nice to keep everything in Emby

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
alchemi183

Bump...

Problem is, many times when I first add a movie to my library there are not enough IMDB votes for the rating to be very accurate. I'd love to be able to automatically update just the rating periodically (or even just once, say, six months after added to the library).

In the meantime, is there a manual way to trigger something that will update IMDB ratings for all movies in a library? Ideally, just the rating would need to be fetched and applied (whether or not a value is already present), but if I can't do it for just ratings, is there a way to replace all metadata? I'm often confused by the options presented, not understanding whether it will just fetch missing data, or re-fetch everything. For example, earlier today I tried a "refresh" on the root library item, and I can't see evidence that that did anything at all. It didn't update IMDB ratings.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by alchemi183

In the future we would like to add a setting to periodically update metadata from the internet.

Just to clarify though, we use TheMovieDb and Omdb.

• Like 1

alchemi183

In the future we would like to add a setting to periodically update metadata from the internet.

Just to clarify though, we use TheMovieDb and Omdb.

Thanks, Luke. Putting aside the automatic/scheduled request for a moment then, Is there any process that can be triggered manually that would result in all of my library items getting updated ratings?

alchemi183

I should add that I'm a software developer who has worked with .NET and C#. So, if ratings updates aren't available now, I could try to make time to look into using the TheMovieDb and OMDB APIs to refresh either the ratings data specifically, or any selectable list of metadata items more generally. I imagine if I did something like that, I would have the choice of either implementing it directly in Emby Server (I assume by forking MediaBrowser/Emby, making the change, then issuing a pull request?) or by creating a plugin to do it. Which would be the preferred way of implementing this? Direct feature in Emby Server or plugin?

You can refresh content manually using the refresh functions in the web app. You can do individual titles from detail screens using the 3-dot menu, or from top level folders using the metadata manager.

• Like 1

alchemi183

You can refresh content manually using the refresh functions in the web app. You can do individual titles from detail screens using the 3-dot menu, or from top level folders using the metadata manager.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm using the web app. I've verified that triggering/queuing a refresh for an individual library item does indeed replace the metadata for that item, including the rating data. However, I still haven't found a way to trigger a refresh for all items in a library at once. Issuing a refresh for the root item in the library doesn't seem to do it. Likewise, selecting multiple items in the metadata manager and triggering a refresh only does it for the first item selected (and also, for none of the child objects). I'd like to avoid having to trigger a refresh individually for all of my library items, because I'd have to do that action more than four thousand times.

Happy2Play

You have a Library Level Refresh option via Multi-Select or via Metadata Manager-Library 3 dot menu.

Forgot the Home Screen Libraries also.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

alchemi183

OK, thanks everyone! Think I've got it resolved now. When I was making an assumption that a library item hadn't been refreshed, I was checking if the rating in Emby matched the current IMDB rating, but as Luke tried to clarify for me earlier, the ratings appear to come from themoviedb. The items I thought had not been updated during a library refresh most likely have been. :)

Happy2Play

@@alchemi183

If you change the fetcher order to OMDB first you will get IMDB ratings, since that is where OMDB gets there info from (Dashboard-Library-Metadata-there is drop-down for each media type).  But I don't know how often they update their information.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Situations like this is would be nice to be able to select which fetcher information like this comes from, as a drop-down option.

Media Center Master has a drop-down option specifically for this.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 3 weeks later...