fiktr

Feature: Merge libraries from multiple servers

Emby Net

this is a very good idea

jw110

+1

This would be a great feature and one that's holding me up from buying premier.  Once this is done, I will buy / subscribe to Premier in a heartbeat. 

Plex offers it, which I want to get away from because they have gone to shit lately, and I love Emby except this one holdup.  Seeing as this has been out there since 2016, I hope it's almost developed!

MyMediaAtHome

this would be handy but would also be nice to divide the workload

if a certain movie is in use a lot then have the workload spread to other servers automatically

I think you can do that in part manually.

For example if you have 1 huge disk with movies and 3 servers. Link all those servers to that huge movie disk.

If you have 9 guest/user accounts spread them over those 3 servers.

The spreading could be simply 3 accounts on each server. But also based on the server specs and/or the expected activity/bandwidth usage of the account.

Yep, I'm fully aware it's far from perfect, but I think it can help a lot in certain situations.

Emby Net

+1

SMLMATS

+1

Can't wait for this.

tldspectre

+1 here as well!

OBXMan

Merging Live TV channels from two servers into a single TV guide would be awesome.

Tom83

Merging Live TV channels from two servers into a single TV guide would be awesome.

This is exactly what I want.

Dreamflix

+1  this would be great to be able to seperate live TV from movie and tv collection 

cayars
On 4/19/2020 at 5:33 PM, OBXMan said:

What do you mean by this?

I presently merge TV from 4 source into my guide with Emby Live TV. 

TouchASpider

+1

barat

Would gladly see it. This will also simplify the case, when you have old NAS + NUC. It would be possible to install Emby on both devices, but only index movies on NAS, and NUC Emby will just act as Slave

ebr
1 hour ago, barat said:

Would gladly see it. This will also simplify the case, when you have old NAS + NUC. It would be possible to install Emby on both devices, but only index movies on NAS, and NUC Emby will just act as Slave

Hi. If all you need is to merge the file systems, you can have Emby Server on just your NUC and give that machine access to the NAS file system...

barat
20 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi. If all you need is to merge the file systems, you can have Emby Server on just your NUC and give that machine access to the NAS file system...

But then, I'll loose real time monitoring, since SMB/NFS might not support inotify? Am i wrong?

Edited by barat

OBXMan

Think we may be talking apples and oranges.  I have two locations, each has an HDHOMERUN providing live tv.  The HDHOMERUNS want to be on the same LAN as the server so require a local server.  I would like to view them both from EMBY and be able to see the channels from both devices at both locations in the same guide.  Currently I can switch between servers but that is kind of a pain. I figured if I had a server at each location and could "merge" them, that would solve my problem. 

cayars
1 hour ago, OBXMan said:

Think we may be talking apples and oranges.  I have two locations, each has an HDHOMERUN providing live tv.  The HDHOMERUNS want to be on the same LAN as the server so require a local server.  I would like to view them both from EMBY and be able to see the channels from both devices at both locations in the same guide.  Currently I can switch between servers but that is kind of a pain. I figured if I had a server at each location and could "merge" them, that would solve my problem. 

This is slightly different and likely doable with only one server.  I've helped a couple of people with this and can do it myself. Open a new thread in the Live TV section https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/97-live-tv/ with a title similar to "Combine tuners from 2 locations into Emby Server" and we can explore different possibilities.

Carlo