Sync not working

Sammy

Sammy

I have Emby Server set to sync to my galaxy tablet a specific show episode that I want to finish watching on my train ride home. It shows it "Ready to Transfer" once and "Cancelled" many times but has not synced. I keep trying and maybe that is why it has been cancelled a few times? I have it set to store in the SD card on my tablet as it takes up all my free RAM on the internal storage, if that helps.

Server Log

have you tried running the sync manually under the Sync menu? Also go to android system settings -> Accounts and make sure the Emby sync account is not disabled.

Sammy

I have tried to force a sync many times. Also, settings>accounts>Emby says the last sync was at 12:42, and the box is checked.

there is a setting to only sync on wifi, can you toggle that to always sync as a test? thanks.

Sammy

Hmm.. I went to the episode on my tablet, hit the sync button. Then I hit the Status: Idle button in the upper right corner. It showed active, then idle again. I hit it again and now it indicates "Transfering". Something's up here. This shouldn't need further interaction on my part after telling it to sync, right?

there must have been a failure. check the app's sync log. you can also try setting the sync path back to default while investigating.

Yes there's an error creating a folder, could be permissions. As a test, try removing your custom sync path that you configured

13:44:41.980 [Thread-31398] DEBUG App - Saving media to /storage/extSdCard/emby/sync/Server_i5/TV/Server_i5/TV/Game_of_Thrones/Season_04/s04e03_-_Breaker_of_Chains.mkv
13:44:42.085 [Thread-31398] ERROR App - Error getting synced item
java.io.IOException
com.google.common.io.Files.createParentDirs(Files.java:478)
mediabrowser.apiinteraction.sync.data.FileRepository.saveFile(FileRepository.java:29)
mediabrowser.apiinteraction.sync.data.LocalAssetManager.saveMedia(LocalAssetManager.java:114)
m

Sammy

Path to sync location I just set. I will try again but need to be able to sync to the external SD Card.

/storage/emulated/0/emby/sync/Server_i5

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

"Error getting synced item"

The file is located on a shared Network Drive and not on the same computer as the Emby Server. Is this what you mean by permissions?

I have synced before to the internal drive but get these errors trying to sync to the external SD Card.

Sammy

Seems to be syncing right now but on the internal memory and not the SD Card. Is this repeatable by others of has there been success transferring to a custom path? Did I type the path in wrong? I actually just searched for the path.

Sammy

I see.. Hmm.

Some sort of security thing in android maybe? Is there a setting someplace I need to change on my tablet?

It is is on 5.0.2, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4.

hoxtonia

I am having no problems syncing to the sd card of my note 4 - it will allow syncing to only certain folders though - I created a folder within com.mb.android using the path below and all works perfectly

/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.mb.android/Emby Sync

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sammy

Perfect. I didn't know what the issue was so I posted in the wrong forum to begin with.. Working a solution on my Android now it would seem..