Sync issue with openelec

Dvinge

hey :-)

After using mysql for a very long time, I figured it was time to try something new.

And very glad i did, I really find emby so much better to maintain.

But I'm having some minor issues.

My main server with emby is not on my local network and is accessed via wan, i have 3 clients in my home (3 always on raspberry pi with openelec)

it worked really good in the beginning and sync was instant. but after a while it don't sync anymore, I have to perform a manual scan.

I have tried to reboot the clients and reset DB. (i am using the sync plugin too)

Before i post logs i just wanted to know if its an known problem.

Also, the way emby streams files to my clients doesn't allow the downloaded subs to be stored on the server when grabbed from within kodi on the clients.

is there i workaround for that?

And great work with this plugin, really amazing :-)

//Dvinge

Edited by Dvinge

xnappo

For issue #1 - something must be crashing - so we would need some logs.

For issue #2 - sounds like you need to be sure path substitution is set up correctly.  Do some searches on that.

okay i will grab some logs  :-)

I know i should properly have started a separate thread for issue 2.

as of right know, i don't have any path substitution setup. And all video is playing fine.

But i could test it anyways. what is the preferred protocol to access files via wan? 

My old mysql setup run via iis webdav, and was nowhere near the performance of emby.

//Dvinge

xnappo

Well from WAN - you pretty much have to use HTTP - which has the sub limitation you mention.

If you are on LAN with proper SMB/NFS access to the files, then it would store it where you expect.

Right now, there is no mechanism to get the downloaded subs back to the server otherwise.

I thought so, i will just store them on clients.

i will try to force some errors on the sync tomorrow and upload a log.

//Dvinge

xnappo

You can also find subs using the Emby web interface, which will also find subs and put them where you want.  For me though, subs are usually an on-demand thing.

yes but limited to opensubtitles, I'm just waiting for subscene support, or maybe if i got time looking in to it myself. it is the best service for danish.

Anyways, i appreciate the help so far. :-)

//Dvinge

• Like 1

I installed Kodi to my windows computer to see if i could replicate the error, and the first hour or so all changes from my emby server was instant to kodi.

But after 2 hours i tried changing the library and nothing happened in Kodi. Nothing shows in logs even after changing data in 7 movies.

Is the connection somehow lost after a few hours over http?

I'm going to try the latest beta and report back.

//Dvinge

Angelblue05

No. Did you get a message that the library stopped syncing? Please post your log next time, otherwise we can't fix the problem (if it's not already been fixed in beta)

Hi Angelblue05

Well the sync is working fine, but because all the devices are always on, i rely on the incremental syncs in the background. 

They do work for some time.

I just realized that i can see on the emby server interface, that my clients disconnects even if they are still on but idling.

for good measure these lines are the only thing that appear after last successful sync:

12:44:03 T:9896  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
12:44:03 T:9908  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
12:44:03 T:1368  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true

this is with debugging log level

Edit: looks like the disconnects are my problem, but i can't really figure out what is causing them. 

Edited by Dvinge

okay here it is.

i can't find anything in it myself tho.

if you need the server log, let me know :-)

it's from kodi start, to where it stops working.

kodi.log

After som testing it looks like my clients somehow disconnects after 1-2 hours. Emby server then cant update the info when no clients are connected. I will try to start a thread in the Windows emby forum. Thanks again for helping out :)