Playstate/resume Sync Issues

DexDeadly

DexDeadly

Yea, all of my files are doing this.  I'm not really sure what happened.  Its odd cause I only updated this.  I'm thinking of breaking down and redoing the entire setup.  

Angelblue05

Just open the info dialog for an item that doesn't work. Is the path complete? A reset would most likely resolve your issue if the path got corrupted.

Edited by Angelblue05

tested on a pi 2, and also working there :)

what line did you change out of curiosity?. I tried to change something too but what i did had not worked.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

The error lie in an incorrectly referenced variable "SeekToTime" line 368 in PlaybackUtils.py. Just needed to rename it to "seekTo". I guess I made a typo at one point. :)

In the build however, I just replaced line 402 in PlaybackUtils.py with the Kodi default seek method: xbmc.Player().seekTime(seekTime) rather than doing self.seekToPosition(seekTime) - meaning skipping over the function with the typo in it. I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this very well.

ah that makes sense, i think i had tried to go through and change "seekTo" to "SeekToTime"  i managed to not break anything somehow, but also not fix anything. thanks again for the speedy fix.

DexDeadly

So I don't know what was occuring so I did a few things.  I went ahead and reset the local kodi db on both my pi and my laptop.  i then went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin on both.  I also went in and changed my path substitutions.  I changed it from \\ip\movies to smb//ip/movies and now both the pi and the laptop are syncing, resuming and playing the files directly instead of trying to stream.  I'll be testing sending from DLNA in a moment from my phone its charging in another room at the moment and obviously I needed to fix this first :).  

One thing to note is that I know within the Pi whenever I would make a change to try and remove the network credentials or anything the path never seemed to update within the movie information.  Making me think it kept trying to send smb://user@pass:ip/ which was not working at all.  I don't know if this is anything to do with the setup I have but finally after the uninstall and redoing everything in order it is working great.  

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Your path substitution is useless because the add-on automatically converts your path to "smb://server/path" when your path are "\\server\path".

In stable:

We include the user and pass into the path. So if you use direct paths, and you change the credentials, you need to reset your local database and let your content resync with the new paths. I'm sorry, I should have mentioned to do a reset.

In beta:

We moved the credentials to passwords.xml (that's how Kodi works). So you don't need to resync if you change credentials, because your paths don't include the info anymore. 

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

DexDeadly

Hey Angel, 

Even if I have a linux server, the linux server is set as /mnt/Movies and /mnt/TV.  I can try switching back to \\ip\movies and \\ip\tv instead of smb://ip/movies and smb://ip/tv .  I was unaware of the path thing and thats probably part of the issues I have having.  Though I don't know if I want to make changes because now it is working :)  Thanks again for the help.  Looking forward to continued use and any updates that may come along!

Oh and yea, just tested the resume through DLNA and its perfect.  

Edited by DexDeadly

Angelblue05

Sorry, I really meant the change to the path substitution was useless. :)

Anyway, I'm glad you got it working. BTW we don't use DLNA with this add-on. This is a simple Play to function (server tells the add-on to play an item basically).

DexDeadly

Ahhh sorry wrong terminology.  I like that though but yea working great now. I have the server downloading every image possible for all my files.  I ran into one issue though when I said to store the images into a media folder, doing that didn't work and no media downloaded.....anyway another thread another time :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

You have the setting enabled. What happens if you do a save for the item in the emby metadata manager? Does it then save images to the folder, then? This will be a post for the server section, if it's not working correctly (I don't use the option).

Edited by Angelblue05