Emby reporting playback of videos on wrong accounts.

jfarre20

Good investigation, although this definitely does not have anything to do with the sync plugin.

Yeah I misunderstood the processes that lead to the logs at first but later realized that the problem exists in the core server.

But after that post I found another issue with the Emby for Kodi client, it doesn't generate a device ID properly and thus all clients are connected without an ID, I wrote about that in another thread and @@Angelblue05 is looking into it I think. Also the User-Agent string is different for various request, when sending the device ID there is no User-Agent string at all, but sometimes the proper string is sent and sometimes a python string is used, don't know if that throws the server off somehow, from the server log:

Info HttpServer: HTTP GET https://host.com:8920/emby/Users?format=json. UserAgent: python-requests/2.9.1
Info HttpServer: HTTP HEAD https://host.com:8920/emby/Items/82cd55a82650b07890773e6c8ddec09f/Images/Primary/0?MaxWidth=10000&MaxHeight=10000&Format=original&Tag=8300283bc50d5cd8c33cdf48e0507580. UserAgent: Kodi/15.2 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; MXQ Build/KOT49H) Android/4.4.2 Sys_CPU/armv7l App_Bitness/32 Version/15.2-Git:2015-10-27-17fa8da

Anyways in hopes of solving my problem I forced a deviceID by modifying the python source files. Unfortunately that didn't help at all, the cards are still messed up and I got wrong resume points in my account again.

In the recent activity history I also noticed this:

jant90 is online from Kodi (jant90-PC)
1/27/2016 8:04:11 pm
Ip address: [::ffff:123.345.567.789]:47612   <- Masked my IP, but note the IPv6 layout while it was a regular IPv4
jant90 has stopped playing 12 Years a Slave
1/27/2016 8:04:06 pm
App: Kodi, Device: Livingroom

The bottom one is correct, I shortly played that movie and then stopped it to see how the cards would show up. The one on top makes no sense at all, Kodi wasn't even running on my PC at that moment.

Btw, Im just spewing as much info here as I can in hopes of getting this bug resolved, as it's really frustrating.

Great, thanks. I would move all of this to that other thread just so that we can try to keep the discussions on topic. Thanks.

Great, thanks. I would move all of this to that other thread just so that we can try to keep the discussions on topic. Thanks.

I posted it here because the bottom-line is that somehow the server reports playback / resume points to the wrong accounts, i.e. it being a server issue (and that being the issue that I experience, in case that was not clear). I only mentioned the problems with the Kodi plugin in hopes of identifying the underlying issue.

That other thread is in the Kodi category so I figured this would be a better place to post.

Edited by jant90

This seems to have been resolved in the newer builds  :D

Thanks @@Luke and any others involved  :)

Edited by Oxide

Happy2Play

This seems to have been resolved in the newer builds  :D

Thanks @@Luke and any others involved  :)

You mind stating which build?

mrtwopoints

I started getting this after upgrading to dev build 39351. The database upgrade never completed never completed over the course of 15 hours, so I uninstalled, reinstalled and added my libraries back into a fresh install of emby server. Everything worked great, except I am now seeing the issue that this thread mentions. Other users will begin playback, the server dashboard shows my account is playing the video, and the video shows up in my resume pool as opposed to theirs. Including log files

Edit: This definitely appears to be an issue with two separate machines running two separate Chrome installs showing the same browser ID.

Log.zip

Transcode Log.zip

Edited by mrtwopoints

Tolerant

I started getting this after upgrading to dev build 39351. The database upgrade never completed never completed over the course of 15 hours, so I uninstalled, reinstalled and added my libraries back into a fresh install of emby server. Everything worked great, except I am now seeing the issue that this thread mentions. Other users will begin playback, the server dashboard shows my account is playing the video, and the video shows up in my resume pool as opposed to theirs. Including log files

Edit: This definitely appears to be an issue with two separate machines running two separate Chrome installs showing the same browser ID.

Very similar with what happened to me. I had "upgraded" to Beta version of the server, install got stuck in a major way and would not reinstall, so I had to remove it then do a new install over what was left. This screwed the watched status on just about everything and this problem is still happening.

ubertoast

Are there any updates to this issue?

I recently just did a complete wipe of Emby install on the server removing all traces (from the uninstall window).

I re-installed beta version 3.0.5868 with all default settings. The problem was still there.

I updated to beta version 3.0.5869 and the problem is still here.

Recent activity shows the correct account that is watching (on Chrome). The active devices section is showing my device / account instead of theirs (Chrome as well). The progress / watched status gets saved on my account.

Here are some logs of mine.

A quick glance shows that we both have the same deviceID. I am not sure what else to look for.

Transcode-Log-Me 2-10-2016 12.32am.txt

Transcode-Log-User 2-10-2016 9.14pm.txt

Server-Log.txt

Edited by ubertoast

I just want to clarify something - this is purely an issue of display in the dashboard, right?

The watched status' of each user is updating correctly?

ubertoast

The watched status seems to be updating correctly on the problem account. Everything they watch ends up being marked as played for them. See below:

Scenario 1: Problem account on Chrome and me online on Chrome at same time

In this case, the played status gets updated on both our accounts. I believe the resume status gets moved to my account (I will have to double check this, but my user mentioned that the resume status for his shows / movies was never consistent.

Scenario 2: Problem account on Chrome, me on Edge at same time

In this case, everything seems to work normally though I did not have time to test out more.

ubertoast

Here are some images showing what is happening in Edge and Chrome.

http://imgur.com/a/OGPby

If I go back to Edge afterwards, The Dalonn device still shows as William.

It also seems like this issue is only happening on my home desktop's Chrome. I tried logging into my server from my office using Chrome and it shows separate devices for Dalonn and myself.