Can anyone help me with how this works?

keem85

I've set up my media senter on my PC, but when I'm playing back movies on my Kodi, how far I've come on a movie does not appear.. I started a movie on Kodi, then I quitted and went to my computer to start it there, and it started all over again. Shouldn't it resume? Shouldn't Emby for Kodi keep track on my progress?

mellomade

I am going to assume you are using the Emby for Kodi add-on to organize your library.

That would be the behaviour you should expect with the add-on - however it depends on how your server settings are set to handle min/max resume percentages.  You can find those settings here:

http://YOUR_SERVER_IP:PORT/web/playbackconfiguration.html in the General tab. 

By default these values are 5% min / 90% max.  The easiest way to test is to start playback and jump to somewhere around 30 minutes into the film (or at least within the threshold) and stop.  The server should see this instantly - and you can confirm this in the web interface Home page.  However if you start playback and play only for a minute or so (below threshold) then the server will not mark the resume point as it is below the min level.

Edited by mellomade

I am going to assume you are using the Emby for Kodi add-on to organize your library.

That would be the behaviour you should expect with the add-on - however it depends on how your server settings are set to handle min/max resume percentages.  You can find those settings here:

http://YOUR_SERVER_IP:PORT/web/playbackconfiguration.html in the General tab. 

By default these values are 5% min / 90% max.  The easiest way to test is to start playback and jump to somewhere around 30 minutes into the film (or at least within the threshold) and stop.  The server should see this instantly - and you can confirm this in the web interface Home page.  However if you start playback and play only for a minute or so (below threshold) then the server will not mark the resume point as it is below the min level.

Hi! Thanks! I tried that, but it doesn't register anything. It's like my Kodi (Titan (Emby) skin) is detached from my server.. I've set the IP right and the port correct, and they are open.. After I did that, I took a guess that I had to input my username and password somewhere in order for Kodi to be able to register my progress and pass it on to my account(?). But I could not find any place to write my user/pass, and I tried the option "Add user to session", but I only got a script error.

EDIT: While film was playing on Kodi, I went to my PC (server) to see if there was any activity under "devices", but nothing.

Edited by keem85

Vidman

The addon should step you through all that configuration on first run.

You are running emby server somewhere on your LAN right?

Edited by Vidman

The addon should step you through all that configuration on first run.

You are running emby server somewhere on your LAN right?

That did not happen with me

mellomade

Then the addon is not installed correctly.  If it did not prompt you for your server ip, user name, SMB password, etc and did not complete a sync scan - then you likely have libraries set up using the default Kodi scrapers - which is a no no.  You can't have both.

If you have libraries you've scanned in outside the Emby for Kodi add-on - you need to remove those and reinstall the add-on.

Then the addon is not installed correctly.  If it did not prompt you for your server ip, user name, SMB password, etc and did not complete a sync scan - then you likely have libraries set up using the default Kodi scrapers - which is a no no.  You can't have both.

If you have libraries you've scanned in outside the Emby for Kodi add-on - you need to remove those and reinstall the add-on.

Makes sense! Thanks! I will try that!