Latest beta (1.1.68/69)

CBers

Angelblue05

Hey actually I just saw the mistake. Your server name in your passwords.xml doesn't match your path. You should be using Mediaserver-3, not the ip address. Go thru the network credentials process again, and restart Kodi. Let me know if it works.

I guess the first prompt for network credentials is not clear enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

CBers

But the addon finds the server by IP address and asks if it's correct.

There's nothing saying to enter the computer name.

I'll reset addon settings and try again, overwriting the IP address it pre-fills in the field.

Angelblue05

It prefills with the ip - i will most likely remove it. I thought with the prompt it would be enough.

There is a prompt beforehand that explains that bit. If you choose remove and re-add the credentials, I'm sure you'll see...

CBers

Tried that but still no playback.

I'll post the latest log in a minute.

The prompt you're talking about, says to input the server name or IP address.

If there's no bug, just user error (!!), I'll get @@scalda to pop round over the weekend, as he's far more experienced on sorting Kodi problems out than me :)

Angelblue05

Heh and it mentions to enter as it is for your emby library path, with an example. Some people do use smb with the ip address, but that is also how their paths are setup in emby. It's just so Kodi can associate the credentials to the path you use.

It could be a bug or user error. This is a new thing I'm attempting for beta. To move the network credentials from being inserted directly in the path, to passwords.xml where Kodi expect them to be. I have tested it with success. However, it does not mean you are doing something wrong. Unfortunately, your last log doesn't show much. It just shows your startup sync didn't complete. I will add additional logging for the next beta version. Do you have the fast sync plugin installed on your server? The log was not a fresh install, correct? Let me know.

CBers

I don't use the Fast Sync plugin installed.

No, I haven't re-installed Kodi on my Nexus Player, but it was a complete database and Emby settings reset.

• Like 1

CBers

I know the forums have been down, but any update on my problem please?

It appears that there's something wrong with SMB/path substitution in the addon running on Android OS, as if I use the same credentials and add a source directly to Kodi, I get playback working fine.

Are there other addon users running the addon against native file paths on their Nexus Player or Fire TV ?

I ask, as it also fails if I run Kodi and the addon on my Android phone.

It seems to run fine on Raspberry PIs and windows 10 PC.

Edited by CBers

CBers

Changing the Playback Mode to Addon (default), syncing completes without any "Can't validate path" error messages and playback works.

This means that Native Playback Mode doesn't appear to work under Android OS.

The Addon playback mode fails to Direct Play but will Direct Stream OK.

Edited by CBers

CBers

The contents of my passwords.xml file is set to the IP address of my server on my Windows PC, not the servers computer name and everything works.

Also noticed that if I delete the passwords.xml file under Windows, everything still works fine, so confused as to what it's requirement is.

Angelblue05

It's been difficult with the forums going down lately. I will be looking into your issue @@CBers

For your windows pc, you probably don't need credentials in Kodi, if it still works without passwords.xml. It usually indicates that your network credentials are already in Windows credentials (under that windows user, you are already authenticated on your network)

CBers

It's been difficult with the forums going down lately. I will be looking into your issue @@CBers

No worries. Thanks :)

For your windows pc, you probably don't need credentials in Kodi, if it still works without passwords.xml. It usually indicates that your network credentials are already in Windows credentials (under that windows user, you are already authenticated on your network)

Yes, that's probably it :)

Angelblue05

I will do more test on my side, using my fire tv stick. I will let you know if I find anything of interest.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Man it took me forever to find this thread. The title really is not descriptive of the problem with network credentials.

@@CBers

I finally got a chance to test, and it works over here. (I've tested on the main kodi profile and an alternate profile of my firetv stick). I know I need to enter credentials for mine to work so I'm not sure what would be wrong. The device is connected to the same network as your server, correct? I would verify that info.

Can you try something else if it's still not working? Go to add-ons > Install from zip > Network (SMB) > Navigate as you would access your server content (Once you are in the location, you can simply press cancel). Did Kodi ask you for credentials at any time? Let me know the outcome of the test. Thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Are you able to achieve direct play, if you remove the source? Let me know. I'm curious, did it ask you for credentials when you were navigating? If not and you normally need one then the passwords.xml must be fine.

Edited by Angelblue05

CBers

I've got Kodi working on my Fire TV!

I uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled it and entered the server name in UPPERCASE, as it is in Emby, and the sync ran and playback starts.

Also now working on my Nexus Player.

I got a feeling there was something in the UserData/Databases folder causing the issue, as I had done the same on the NP but it complained, so I deleted that folder and the sync ran without any messages.

Anyway, looks like I'm OK now.

Thanks for your help :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I'm glad you got everything working. I wonder why it gave you so much difficulties...anyway, well done! :) 

• Like 1