Latest beta (1.1.68/69)

CBers

CBers

I haven't updated for a while, so reset database and let it sync.

I checked back and it was doing a Music sync. This has always been OFF in my setup, so has the default now changed to ON?

Also, Enable Emby Cinema Mode is defaulted to ON. This should honour the server-side setting, which in my case is OFF.

I think the "Maximum items to request at once from server" has reset, as I always had it set to 500, but it seems it's now 200.

No major issue, just thought I'd post my findings.

• Like 1

im85288

Enable Cinema Mode is moving away from being a server setting to being a per client setting. This was something Luke made us aware off a few weeks back.

I'm not sure about the other issues, I think it asks at sync time if you want to include music.

sluggo45

I always reset my Emby settings whenever a beta updates, too many behind the scenes changes. Just the other day I forgot (didn't even notice it updated) and it enabled prefer HTTP over SMB streaming for me, which was a fun bit of troubleshooting to figure out :)

Angelblue05

Music sync enabled has been default on for a while now. However during the initial setup, the option is presented if you want to disable music.

The number of items is a brand new setting that was added 1.1.66 or 67. It has nothing to do with the fast sync process. It is only used for when we get items from your server. Since the connection timeout was reduced back to 30sec, the number of items needs to be adjusted accordingly, to make sure your server is able to respond in time. The default value is set to 200. However for some server, that might be too much. Changing it to 150, helped people avoid timeouts during their initial sync process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

CBers

Enable Cinema Mode is moving away from being a server setting to being a per client setting. This was something Luke made us aware off a few weeks back.

FFS!

OK, no worries :)

I'm not sure about the other issues, I think it asks at sync time if you want to include music.

Didn't get any prompts, but again, not a major issue.

Thanks for responding :)

CBers

The above update was on my Nexus Player.

I have done the same update on my FTV and checked that Music sync was OFF before updating and it was.

After the update and database reset, I checked the setting and it was ON.

So, looks like something in the update process is changing the option.

Again, not an issue for me, just posting my findings.

Both Nexus Player and Fire TV are now running 1.1.68.

Angelblue05

The best way to confirm is to reset database and reset your emby info on one of your device. Start fresh and go thru the initial set up. Let me know if when you select disable music, it correctly disables it. I have tested on my side with no issues. The behavior was correct. Let me know.

Angelblue05

Ok, but did you go thru the initial setup when you did this? That's what I'm talking about. If you didn't, then it sets the default as music enabled, even if you had it disabled previously. I hope this clarifies what I'm trying to say. :)

I will mention it in the next announcement. I should have, didn't think about it at the time.

CBers

Ok, but did you go thru the initial setup when you did this? That's what I'm talking about. If you didn't, then it sets the default as music enabled, even if you had it disabled previously. I hope this clarifies what I'm trying to say. :)

I will mention it in the next announcement. I should have, didn't think about it at the time.

Why though? That's a bit daft :)

Not problem, as I now have it disabled, unless the next beta does the same?

Also, Cover Art still shows, even though it's disabled on the settings.

Is this another requirement to reset Emby settings as well?

Angelblue05

No, if you disabled it once (since version +1.1.63), then it will be fine from then on.

I will test cover art and let you know. However music, I've test many times without issue. If I disable, it's never synced to Kodi. Just make sure you disable the setting and press ok (or enable, press ok, disable press ok incase the setting is sticky). 

The only reason why I ask about the initial setup is that it allows for a fresh starts with default settings. Then, you are sure that your settings don't contain conflicting info.

Edited by Angelblue05

CBers

OK, I trashed Kodi on my FTV abs started again, but now it can't validate the path when syncing, even though the addon found the server and the username and password is correct in the passwords.xml file.

Here is the log.

Angelblue05

That's fine. It may prompt you, you can just ignore the message. Unfortunately, Kodi requires a restart to reload passwords.xml with the updated information. Once the initial sync completes, just restart Kodi so it can loaded the credentials and it should be fine to playback your content. Let me know. I will be back in a couple of hours.

Note the change was to move the credentials out of the path and in passwords.xml. This is new, and will most likely need adjusting/testing to get it right.

CBers

So if it can't validate the path, I can stop there, reset the database again, exit Kodi and restart it and it should be OK?

I'll have a look later, as also will be out for a couple of hours :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Sure, it doesn't really matter either way, it's just a warning. We no longer include the username and password in the path. As long as you enter the network credentials and restart Kodi, it should work, even if it's after the initial sync completes.

Edited by Angelblue05

CBers

I'm still getting the same error message on start on my Nexus Player.

So I just let the sync run and restarted Kodi again.

The "manual sync" completed OK, but nothing will play, instead giving me the option to delete from my library.

Kodi log

Passwords.xml

Is the Quick Sync plug-in redundant now? 

I'm out soon until later tonight, so will respond when I can, but may be tomorrow (UK time).

sluggo45

Yes, because I reset the addon settings in addition to resetting the db - I assume that kicks off the same initial setup?

denethor

I think Cinema Mode on 1.0.69 is not working properly. I have cinema mode enabled both on server&user settings Kodi Add-on settings. As soon as I hit play movie starts to playback with no trailers. And yes I did reset both DB and settings.

Never mind, my bad after restart works fine :)

Edited by denethor

CBers

Still no playback. It says no longer in library and offers me an option to delete it.

If I look at the movie or episode information, the path seems to be correct and the username and password in the passwords.xml file are correct.

The syncing finishes every time.

Will post further logs tomorrow if needed.

Angelblue05

Ok, @@CBers there was one thing I wasn't sure about passwords.xml. If the file should be created at profile level. Can you let me know if you are using the masterprofile in Kodi, or an additional profile? Maybe that's where the issue lies. Let me know.

@@Angelblue05, when you changed the default wording from disable to enable for logic, you didnt update string 30157 from Disable to Enable, hence the confusion with Coverart...

• Like 1

CBers

Ok, @@CBers there was one thing I wasn't sure about passwords.xml. If the file should be created at profile level. Can you let me know if you are using the masterprofile in Kodi, or an additional profile? Maybe that's where the issue lies. Let me know.

You mean my Master user in Emby? If so, then yes.

Angelblue05

No, I'm talking is the profile you are using in Kodi, is it the initial profile or an additional profile you created.

CBers

I have never created a profile in Kodi.

I re-installed it yesterday, and then installed the addon and let it do its own thing.

• Like 1