Funding Media Browser3 Project

Airbender

Airbender

Hi

These are some of my personal thoughts about Funding MB3 , if all devs take some time and put some thoughts and run Fund campaigns then mybe MB3 can get more money to develop this great project

Thought:

Run a Fund campaigns with project update to all users with plan to achieve goals

so users in Mb3 can donate to get each project completed

example of this can been seen in torrent sites, public funded radio , charity events and so on

037803294323177.jpg

so the project can be a tablet or device or software or what ever the development team needs to get the project completed at then end when the project completed the users can see the status update 

Feel free to share your thoughts on how to help MB3 or get fund to this project as, we all know everything start as an idea !

Thanks

DaSilva

I think the best way to show your support is to actually buy/donate for the clients and plugins.

This brings me to a question: I assemble alot of pc's for friends and family and a great deal of them are Htpc's. Is there a way I can register MB3 and plugins for other people using my Paypal account?

Airbender

I think the best way to show your support is to actually buy/donate for the clients and plugins. This brings me to a question: I assemble alot of pc's for friends and family and a great deal of them are Htpc's. Is there a way I can register MB3 and plugins for other people using my Paypal account?

Hi MB3 Store does not care what e-mail you use when you pay for the plugin , paypal does care about your paypal account and connected email with it

so you can use your client email to setup MB3 and then pay with paypal and the key will go to your client email make it easy for them to keep there on account and MB3 Key.

That's correct.  MB3 doesn't have any sort of system installer setup right now.  Just something way down on the priority list.

• 3 weeks later...
Brendon

I actually think this is a good thought from Airbender, people in my experience people don't usually donate beyond the initial registration and occasional plug-in (it was the same back in the day running torrent sites, you'd get the occasional 10 bucks here and there, but it doesn't kkep the servers up), people want good readon to part with $$ nowadays, if they know that a few dollars will get a project they want done finished faster they are more likely to reach for the wallet.

Personally i would happily hand $$ over to see certain areas completed faster. (i want my MTV lol)

• Like 1

Airbender

I actually think this is a good thought from Airbender, people in my experience people don't usually donate beyond the initial registration and occasional plug-in (it was the same back in the day running torrent sites, you'd get the occasional 10 bucks here and there, but it doesn't kkep the servers up), people want good readon to part with $$ nowadays, if they know that a few dollars will get a project they want done finished faster they are more likely to reach for the wallet.

Personally i would happily hand $$ over to see certain areas completed faster. (i want my MTV lol)

Hi

Glad you see the point at lest i am not only one think this way

Thanks

I understand why this makes sense from a user perspective.

The reality of the situation, however, is that we (the current core devs) are already working as hard and as fast as we possibly can.  So, even if you were to throw money at us (which, sure, you can try ;)) we wouldn't be able to do things any faster.

So, recruiting new devs to contribute new plug-ins and or features is actually the best way to make things happen faster.  Also, helping out on the forums with answering questions and improving our FAQs and docs is a HUGE help as it allows us to focus on the programs themselves.

We certainly do appreciate all of the support we are getting.

• Like 1