Cross platform

JaredC79

JaredC79

I noticed sone content from an old Zune wouldn't playback but I'm sure I just need the CODECs. This is part of a larger system with custom hardware and tweaked hardware. Currently I am running the main server on Win10 which is also my HTPC as its the most powerful computer i have at the moment. And probably switching to Linux after although I do like some aspects of win 10 that can help but I am sure that find work arounds.

1) my clients are running OSMC/KODI with some hot rods to them. For the sake or convieance I would like my HIKVision tribryed dvr on the server as all the clients would already be pre populated

2) emulators - win10 seems to have a lack of emulators and roms as opposed to the older OSs. If i was to host the emulators on another htpc build and drivers and define the pathways will they work on clients such as a raspberry or roku or eventually a beefed up custom solution i am getting made? How does the gaming experience mesh with a Navidia Sheild? What about remote playing of Xbox 1?

3) what is the best live tv tuner card - the Dune cards or Happague cards or is it dependent on the power and placement of antenna? Other than cloning MAC addresses what is the other ways to get premium content live for free and if not for free how can i still use Emby as the backend if it is a HDMI connection - other than Xbox one only other MBs with an HDMI in is the Asrock and adding a number of sources is a hassle.

Basically I want to scale emby as far as it can go without to not sent all the clients individually.

Any help is great.