Emby Genre Icons

epayson85

epayson85

Ok Ian you seem to know more than the average bear when it comes to Emby for wmc haha Hopefully you can answer this.  Why are my collections blank?  If I enable collections to show up on the main screen  / view they work fine.  However if I go into movies where you have All movies, Resume, Favorites, and genres... it says "no items".  I would much rather have collections under movies than have it on main screen.  Any idea?  Whats also crazy is both menus show my icon and backdrop of choice so clearly they are both the same thing... just one works at finding my collections and one doesn't.

Ian-Highlander

Ok Ian you seem to know more than the average bear when it comes to Emby for wmc haha Hopefully you can answer this.  Why are my collections blank?  If I enable collections to show up on the main screen  / view they work fine.  However if I go into movies where you have All movies, Resume, Favorites, and genres... it says "no items".  I would much rather have collections under movies than have it on main screen.  Any idea?  Whats also crazy is both menus show my icon and backdrop of choice so clearly they are both the same thing... just one works at finding my collections and one doesn't.

Have to admit to never having tried it I'm afraid. I used to have a collections menu at the top level because I used the AutoBoxSets plugin but never used it at the lower level, however I recently discovered that plugin had been the cause of all my issues I'd been having with Emby so have uninstalled the plugin and definitely can't be bothered to go through and set them up manually.

Sorry, not much help to you I know.

epayson85

It just baffles me to what in the world the difference is.  I highly doubt there is a different and its just broken.  Is there a way to at least remove it from the sub menu?  Can you edit the sub menus or any menu?

Ian-Highlander

@@ebr may be able to help you on this, as I say, it's not something I've really played with. I know my way quite well round all the bits I use now but am certainly no expert on it.

epayson85

well regardless I figured out how to change the order of the top level view via the server.  Now it lists Movies, TV shows, Collections, and finally trailers in that order via Emby WMC.  I would just love to be able to remove "collections" from the sub level view since it doesn't even work.