No longer keeping watched/resume status between more than one Kodi device

tjlmbklr

tjlmbklr

I have Kodi with Emby running on 3 devices; my HTPC running Windows, a FireTV sideloaded with Kodi in my bedroom and a FireStick with Kodi sideloaded in another room.  I had some library issues do to a crash I had and had to reset up my Kodi my FireTV.  It took sometime to figure out what happened and to prevent it from happening again.  Only issue now, I pause/stop a show in my living room Kodi and the Kodi/FireTV in my bedroom doesn't resume where I left off.  I feel I missed some setting and can't recall what I did different this time than my first time when it was working fine.

Thanks in advance.  

lordsiris

I can confirm this behaviour. I am new to Emby in the last week or so and thought everything was working great until my wife mentioned that her shows weren't resuming. I looked into it and can confirm the issue on 2 separate fireTV installs. Also watched status not sticking when the video is done playing. If watching a video past 90%, then stopping, when getting dropped back into the list view it is shown as watched, but if i move up a directory then back in the video is no longer marked as watched. Nearly the same thing with resume, after watching for a bit, stopping, shows the resume icon, move up directory, then back, resume icon is gone and video starts from the beginning.

Note, if i use the context menu to mark a show watched it stays watched. Also if I mark an entire show (multiple seasons, many episodes) as watched via the context menu it remains as watched until a full resync then they are no longer marked watched.

Using Kodi 15.2 stable

Same problem on both latest linux version of server and latest windows version of server. Latest version of the plugin as provided by the repo.

Looked through other threads and seems like this has been a problem for a while. I have nothing entered in "Sync user watch data to nfo's for". I have no additional users added to kodi session. I don't really want to use the nfos as my wife and i want different libraries and the nfos thing seems like it would mess that up. 

I have done a full resync multiple times with no resolution.

Any thoughts?
Edited by lordsiris

Angelblue05

What version of the add-on are you using? You say you don't want to use nfos, but do you have nfos already existing in your directories?

lordsiris

Hello,

Version 1.1.62, no nfo's currently in my media directories (I don't like anything else besides the video files to try and keep things clean).

Thanks

Angelblue05

Ok, I will need a log then. Make sure the add-on log level is set to Info. Then when you see it happen, post your log. Thanks. Hopefully it will give us a clue as to what's happening.

Refer to this if you need more help: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Edited by Angelblue05

lordsiris

Here is the log file from the moment i turned info debugging on. First I started a video, fast forwarded to about halfway through, stopped. Got resume icon. Moved up directory, moved back down directory, resume icon gone. 

Note, all was done on a video never watched before.

Next started the file again (from beginning as it didn't resume), then fast forwarded to nearly the end, video ended, marked as watched (shows icon), moved up directory, moved back down directory, video marked as unwatched.

Log is attached.

Hope that helps.

kodi_shorter.log

Edited by lordsiris

Angelblue05

It's odd, I don't see anything out of the ordinary in your log. Nothing that would explain the behavior. I suspect this issue may be resolved in beta, however I would not suggest using it for your main device (still working on fixing other things). If you are able to easily replicate the issue, you could always give beta a quick test to see if the issue still happens (maybe using a temp Kodi profile). Let me know what you decide on doing.

Edited by Angelblue05

lordsiris

Thanks for taking a look! In the next couple days I will start all from scratch again and see where I land. I will report back here.

Thanks,

Chris

• Like 1