ServerWMC Settings no not load and error on saving

cackster

cackster

Using Version 3.0.5781.8 of Emby on a Windows 10 PC.

Possibly since intsalling the newest update of Emby, ServerWMC plugin settings fail to load. All that happens is you get the spinning gif on choosing settings from the plug-in menu. Have tried rebooting, restarting server and uninstalling ServerWMC plugin and re-installing. Also tried stopping ServerWMC on the PC which it is active on (different to the Emby Server). I can navigate to the guide from Emby but it only shows 1 day.

If you enter settings into the text boxes while the spinning gif is showing and click Save you get this error:

Error Code InvalidOperationException Message Sequence contains no matching element Stack Trace [GetDashboardConfigurationPage: 22/12/2015 10:30:48]: [REQUEST: {}] System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) at MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.DashboardService.Get(GetDashboardConfigurationPage request) at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object ) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto)
  • Like 1

sluggo45

I have the same problem trying to set up a new ServerWMC plugin configuration - settings never finish loading, trying to save them anyway produces the same error. Emby Server 5781.8 on FreeNAS. 

Edit: Forgot to mention I am running ServerWMC 1225 (though from this error I don't think that matters) and here is my error output:

GetDashboardConfigurationPage: 12/27/2015 01:25:12]: [REQUEST: {}] System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element at System.Linq.Enumerable.First<MediaBrowser.Controller.Plugins.IPluginConfigurationPage> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Plugins.IPluginConfigurationPage>,System.Func`2<MediaBrowser.Controller.Plugins.IPluginConfigurationPage, bool>,System.Linq.Enumerable/Fallback) <0x00139> at System.Linq.Enumerable.First<MediaBrowser.Controller.Plugins.IPluginConfigurationPage> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<MediaBrowser.Controller.Plugins.IPluginConfigurationPage>,System.Func`2<MediaBrowser.Controller.Plugins.IPluginConfigurationPage, bool>) <0x00051> at MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.DashboardService.Get (MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.GetDashboardConfigurationPage) <0x001ae> at (wrapper dynamic-method) object.lambda_method (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object,object) <0x00082> at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1<MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.GetDashboardConfigurationPage>.Execute (ServiceStack.Web.IRequest,object,MediaBrowser.WebDashboard.Api.GetDashboardConfigurationPage) <0x00460>
Edited by sluggo45

sluggo45

@@krustyreturns Can you send me a sample wmc2mb.xml (I assume that is what the configuration file that is created is called) so I can configure the plugin by hand? I am doing a new plugin install and it won't even create the file.

sluggo45

NM, I figured it out - I did a temp install of an older Windows version (5781.3) on my local PC and configured the plugin there, which generated the file in the format I needed. 

I then just created that file on my FreeNAS Emby jail in the plugins/configurations directory and restarted Emby and it works (the ServerWMC plugin, that is).

Note that for FreeNAS (and possibly other server types) the Recorded Path won't work so you need to make sure you set " Use URLs instead of smb/unc" in the ServerWMC server configuration. 

Here's the file if anyone else needs it. Until this bug is fixed we'll need to adjust this thing by hand:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<PluginConfiguration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <ServerIP>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</ServerIP>
  <ServerPort>9080</ServerPort>
  <LinuxPath>//example-recording-path</LinuxPath>  ##-> For FreeNAS delete this line otherwise change it to your recording path
</PluginConfiguration>
  • Like 1

theniteow1

@@Luke sent me an update to the config page to fix this problem, I'll try to get it out today.

Excellent!  Just noticed this problem the other day.  Thanks for getting it resolved.